Shortcut onto a street...

asinatra

Established Member
i always wondered what law would be broken if you cut through a local gas station or store on the corner instead of waiting behind traffic before you could turn. :shrug:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Can't tell you specifically but in Virginia it is illegal and will get you a ticket. I think it is illegal in Texas also but not sure because I see it done a lot.

California being what it is .. I would be shocked if it was anything other than illegal there. It would be a moving violation so would put points on your license as well.

inteller

Established Member
haha, if I had a gas station on a corner I would make a special lane and charge a toll.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member

Spoyldrotn

SVT Poster
Established Member
In NJ it is illegal also.

N.J.S. 39:4-66.2 (use of public / private road or parking lot to avoid traffic signal) - carries 2 motor vehicle points and cost you $85.00

inteller

Established Member
yeah thats why I say corner lots should erect a private toll road. I know a lot of people that would pay 25 cents to go around.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
inteller said:
wow, so maintaining traffic flow is against the law....excellent.

Maintaining traffic flow? You are really suggesting that by cutting through private property for the purpose of getting in front of other drivers is improving the situation?

The traffic signal is there to allow for better flow of traffic so people arent trapped on the side road of a major intersection.

inteller

Established Member
that hasn't been my experience, but maybe your lights are setup differently. around here I sit at lights where no one moves, plus if the intersecting traffic is making a left turn then its fine....do it all the time.

po po have better things to be doing around here anyways.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Po Po have better things to do anywhere, but enforcing traffic laws are part of the job. I am sure that these things are enforced in tulsa just like they are anywhere else.

Stewart

Worldwide panhandler
Established Member
The same people who usa private parking lots are the same people who see the "Right lane closed" signs but still go all the way to the end instead of getting over and keeping the flow of traffic. Ya bastids! What does it gain you? 4-5 car lengths? Whoohoo!

Lawman85

Banned
Stewart said:
The same people who usa private parking lots are the same people who see the "Right lane closed" signs but still go all the way to the end instead of getting over and keeping the flow of traffic. Ya bastids! What does it gain you? 4-5 car lengths? Whoohoo!

Actually it has gained me almost a 1/4 in some situations!!!

j/k

SGavin

Established Member
Just tell the cop you were checking gas prices or you were going to get gas but
had no money, or going to put air in your tires but didn't have a tire gauge, etc...

inteller

Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
Po Po have better things to do anywhere, but enforcing traffic laws are part of the job. I am sure that these things are enforced in tulsa just like they are anywhere else.

if a cop actually sits there and watches you cut the corner then in that same time he was waiting to bust you, 5 other violations occured.

a useless law.

Users who are viewing this thread