short VS Longblock

DET_SVT02

Established Member
whats the major diffrences between the two, other than price? What major components does one have and the other doesnt?

.......depends on whose longblock, JDM stuff thier longblock with a cnc port job, stage 2 cams, new valve springs, valves, everything, a short block just comes with all forged internals plus a few other things like new oil pump, longer pickup line, bearing, etc. Diffrence is mostly just the heads......a shortblock you re-use your stock heads.

camcojb

Established Member
The long block has the short block plus heads/cams, usually timing chains, etc. With the long block you transfer your sheetmetal, intake, blower, and exhaust and you're there. With a short block you still have to assemble the heads/cams, set the cam timing, etc.

Jody

bumblebeetuna

Trade: Girlfriend for KB?
Established Member
JDM, ive heard, is one of the best out there to deal with. Any one know what the HP is good for on there long block? I know Chillfactor is running way up there. I am looking for around 1000rwtqr and about 750-800rwhp with 116 and alot of timming.

JimIII@jdm

00Slvrblt said:
JDM, ive heard, is one of the best out there to deal with. Any one know what the HP is good for on there long block? I know Chillfactor is running way up there. I am looking for around 1000rwtqr and about 750-800rwhp with 116 and alot of timming.

Chillfactors is a great example what our motors are capable of handling, 10.7's in the heat of texas in a truck that weighs 5000lbs! He drives the truck all the time and lets it rip on the wide open Texas Roads. His truck made in the 750 range with a 75 shot of nitrous and can easily make 800 with a bigger shot. Its all a matter of the motor, the power adders, and fuel delivery! The motor and power adders would be the obvious built longblock and Kenne bell with NX nitrous wet kit. The fuel lines would no longer be able to support the necessary amount of fuel. We have a really nice fuel system that can handle that power and is on Chill's truck. We can set you up with everything and if you need a shop to do the work PSI motorsports (Patrick...1-281-557-2874) is a authorized dealer and installer of our parts. They really now these trucks well.

JimIII

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
Not be an ass... but 1000 rwtq will cost you about $20,000 if you plan to still use the supercharger set-up. Most people do not realize that, nor do they realize that turbo would get it done and for almost $5000 cheaper.

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
Hey JIMIII , Patrick at PSI is great to deal with!!! Patrick has something in the works for me right now!! It has something to do with.......Manley, Crower, Magnum Powers, and a Satellite dish??? :coolman: :rockon: :burnout: :burnout: :thumbsup: :bowdown: :beer: :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread