short shifter question!

TOPH R

'tis the season, and I want to get my mother, YES, my mother a short shifter for her 2k stang! I was wondering which short shifter is the best one, for the most reasonable price!

B&M any good?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I heard the Tri-ax is real good. There's also the Pro5.0, but I haven't heard anything good or bad about that one.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
You can't go wrong with the Steeda Tri-Ax, Pro 5.0, B&M Ripper or Hurst (from what I have heard). I'll be putting a Tri-Ax on the day after my warranty expires. :-D

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
I have the B&M Ripper, I love it..especially the fact that your can mount it in the stock or rearward position.

SILVERMUSCLE

Calypso Fox
Established Member
Hey I have the Pro 5.0 shifter......The pro5.0 shifter would be for you if you like the real short handle...i have seen the tri-ax and that shifter does have the short shifs but it sits like the stock...its not as short as the pro 5.0 shifter........its all in your preference. Ripper and hurst I never seen, so i would know those.

Its either your mom would like a really short shifter or close to the stock........Hope this helped a bit.

Happy Holidays.

:D

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
I've got a Pro 5.0 and it's fine. I've driven a 35th Anniv. Stang with the Tri-Ax and it's SMOOOOOOTH. Did you get one yet?

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I've had both. I like the height and placement of the Steeda best. I like the shifting and how short the shifts are oin the Pro 5.0 better. I had adjusted my Pro 5.0 till it would almost put itself in 3rd. Being a little taller it was a bit of a stretch though.

If it is a 2000 you can still choose either. I have a late year 2001 and it has the TR-3650 which will not accept the old T-5/T-45 style shifters. To my knowleged, Steeda is the only one that makes a shifter for the TR-3650. I have not seen any advertisement from Pro 5.0 or anyother manufacturer either.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
I guess alot of guys were taking and buing the longer Tri-Ax handle and using it on thier Pro-5.0. The only thing is there you're spending more dough. I've had mine I guess a couple years now, I might buy the Tri-Ax handle to see if I like it or not.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
It is nice to have an almost factory height, but it will make shifts longer. If you get the Tri-Ax handle make sure you get the heavy duty one. The aluminum one has been known to break under severe use.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Never heard that about he aluminum handles before... interesting. I thought about having my own handle made, but would have to compare prices.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Yeah, if you go to Steeda sit htey offer a heavy duty handle due to this gripe. :-D
This outta help.

Source: Steeda website.
Steeda Tri-Ax Shift Handle
The Steeda Tri-Ax shift handle combines the quick shifts of a short handle with an easy to reach, ergonomic design. The exclusive three axis bend positions your hand perfectly, for short, precise, and comfortable shifts. (You won't have to bend over to reach 5th gear like you do with those other handles)..
As a result of Steeda's never ending search to provide the very best performance parts, all Tri-Ax handles are now Forged from high strength aluminum alloy. The new forging features a tapered thread boss and military spec radius-root threads to increase strength by over 70%. This high-strength light weight design reduces inertia, for quicker and more precise shifts than are possible with bulky steel handles.

The Tri-Ax handle fits the stock shifter and many other popular shifters, and is standard equipment on Steeda's complete Tri-Ax billet shifter assembly.

ADD TO CART Description Price Cart
555-7153 Forged Tri-Ax Shifter Handle $34.95

© 2002 STEEDA AUTOSPORTS INC. All Rights Reserved. 1351 NW Steeda Way Pompano Beach

Last edited:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
TOPH R,

Well, Christmas is long over. Did you get one for her? If so what did you get and how's it working?

Users who are viewing this thread