Short runner intake info

jgt58

Established Member
I have tried searching for this on here but all I get are a bunch of old for sale threads. So in saying that , what are the benefits of the intake and what are the drawbacks? I have an opportunity to possibly purchase one at this time

1996 mustang cobra... many mods...

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Typical gains are between 15-20rwhp at peak. Gains under the peak can be as much as 30rwhp. No torque loss as long as the tune is given additional timing low and mid range.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Typical gains are between 15-20rwhp at peak. Gains under the peak can be as much as 30rwhp. No torque loss as long as the tune is given additional timing low and mid range.

dang really?

For some reason I was thinking those gains were only above 6300rpm and that's with the addition of LongTubes and IMRC Deletes.

Last edited:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
dang really?

For some reason I was thinking those gains were only above 6300rpm and that's with the addition of LongTubes and IMRC Deletes.

I guess I should have clarified..when I say "under peak" that means anything below where the hp falls off. It can be lower OR higher in the rpm band. In this case yes my largest gains where after peak occurred. It just didn't fall off as fast. here is a thread about it...

http://forums.corral.net/forums/svt-dohc/879081-b-head-shortrunner-dyno-inside.html

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Sorry the pics have been removed. Probably because the post is 10yrs old. But here is an overlay. Only difference was the intake.

shortrunnercomparison.jpg

bumsoil

Established Member
i have one made by NASVT.
Its has the floor raised 1.5 or 2 inches and its has the same removed from the runners.
I'm still untuned, but the butt dyno says its wayyyy more fun over 5000rpm.
I regularly bump into the stock 7200rpm limiter now, the power does not fall off like it did before.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
If i did a short runner...is it necessary to also do IMRC Deletes? Mine are still working.

Does NASVT still sell them?

jgt58

Established Member
So their is one on ebay. Could you guys take a look at it to see if it looks ok?

1996 mustang cobra... many mods...

Users who are viewing this thread