Short runner and delete help

sprayed97

Established Member
I decided this weeekend after reading all about it im gonna attempt to make myself a short runner intake... got all the material off this site and doesn't seem too hard, the only question i have is with the irmc delete can i just unscrew the butterflies of the rod and and re assemble instead of gutting it? so when i hook the motor and cables back up it will still think they are there and not get a CE light? any other tips would be appriciated

poisonpony96

Established Member
yeah but i believe the butterflies hold the rod in place so it doesn't fall out. also you won't get the best results that way either take you time do it right!

gq916

Established Member
i did it in the winter time..i believe i was able to unscrew the butterflies without taking the rod out. your best bet is to take out the butterflies and the rod and get the holes welded. You can cut the cables and remove the imrc box also..that epoxy stuff doesnt work all the time...
and for the shortrunner...you can get away with only cutting the runners around 1-1.5 inches. Check with NA SVT on that one. Thats all i had done on mine. I didnt get it ported or anything.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
check out the thread going on right now in this section, basically pull out all the IMRC components, use JBweld or weld it and clean them up. then tune.

sprayed97

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys, think im just gonna leave the irmc plates alone for now till i get the $$$ for deletes

Users who are viewing this thread