Short run with a C6 Zo6

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
I finally got a run in with something quick. Couple days ago I was cruising down the freeway when a black C6Z flew by me. He seemed to be on a mission so I figured I'd help him get there quicker. A few miles down the road it cleared up, I got along side him and I dropped into gear. He down shifted and immediately punched it, I followed suit and started pulling. I pulled about a car then I think he shut down once he realized he wasn't going to catch me because he just fell back suddenly. Tried to get a second run for confirmation but he wouldn't go again. I honestly thought it was gonna be closer tho. It had an aftermarket exhaust but that's all I could tell. Figured I'd share.

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
Main mods are vortech and mmr bottom end. Dynoed 514whp.

Nice kill, but I have to question issues with the Z/Driver. Others on here can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you were to pull on him Im sure he would catch you if he stayed on it with those numbers. The Z06 has very long legs. Considering mustangs generally need 100-150 whp more than a C6 to keep up, I'd think a bolt-on LS2 C6 would even give you a run for your money. Anything is possible on the streets though....

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
This was the first run I've had with my setup so I have nothing to compare too. Not sure how accurate the dyno numbers are vs street either. My setup should have made more but It was 100 degrees in the shop and my intake temps were 150+. I'm gonna go back in winter just to see what it dynos.

ramstein

Established Member
A bolt on LS2 C6 would not give him a run for his money with his 514rwhp gt. Maybe cammed/bolt on Ls2 making 440ish would but not a basic exhaust/intake/tune.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Nice kill, but I have to question issues with the Z/Driver. Others on here can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you were to pull on him Im sure he would catch you if he stayed on it with those numbers. The Z06 has very long legs. Considering mustangs generally need 100-150 whp more than a C6 to keep up, I'd think a bolt-on LS2 C6 would even give you a run for your money. Anything is possible on the streets though....

I would say thats true with a heavy terminator but gt's are a bit lighter still.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Nice kills, I run a similar setup on a stock bottom end, I can see this outcome easily happening with a exhaust only z06.

A bolt on LS2 C6 would not give him a run for his money with his 514rwhp gt. Maybe cammed/bolt on Ls2 making 440ish would but not a basic exhaust/intake/tune.

:lol: this, he's not in a 3600lb+ cobra, his car probably weighs less then the Vette's.

Last edited:

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
Lol yeah my weight is less than a cobra. I do have a t56 swap with irs but with tubular suspension and coilovers. I think they even each other out haha. I'm probably close to stock weight.

fearls1

Established Member
good kill OP, if you can pull a C6 Z, even in stock form, you have a quick ride.
ALL HAIL THE C6 Z, the measuring stick of all things fast on SVT or TECH, lol.

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
He has plenty of local C6 Z06's to play with, but few of us are bone stock anymore LOL.
Lol. Your right. When it's colder I'll ask AJ to show me what it means to be slow. Haha
good kill OP, if you can pull a C6 Z, even in stock form, you have a quick ride.
ALL HAIL THE C6 Z, the measuring stick of all things fast on SVT or TECH, lol.
Lol. That's how I felt about it.

Willens

Never finishes anythi
Established Member
People forget Power-to-weight; hell, my 300ZX Twin Turbo (weighs the same as an SN-95 GT for comparison) bone stock for stock with a Terminator and pull on the bigger end, and full BPU it will take massive dumps on any heaton Cobra (mine included, lawl)

I should just stop dicking around and have one really fast car instead of three mediocre ones...

Users who are viewing this thread