apentivolpi

AlexFreestyle
Established Member
Don't need one now, but Who has the Best of the best Short Block for our L's
And why is it better then the others?

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
The answers you may get will be more of an opinion rather than the answer you might be looking for. Everybody has a guy or a vendor they like to deal with. And its probably rare that a person has used multiple different short blocks to compare against each other. Better off just reading up on some different vendors websites, call and ask questions. Of course they will all be biased and truth of the matter is that as long as the internals are forged, its way better than what we start out with. JDM, WMS, DMP, MMR... I'm sure the list goes on....

apentivolpi

AlexFreestyle
Established Member
yea thats true.

The answers you may get will be more of an opinion rather than the answer you might be looking for. Everybody has a guy or a vendor they like to deal with. And its probably rare that a person has used multiple different short blocks to compare against each other. Better off just reading up on some different vendors websites, call and ask questions. Of course they will all be biased and truth of the matter is that as long as the internals are forged, its way better than what we start out with. JDM, WMS, DMP, MMR... I'm sure the list goes on....

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I have a JDM longblock and I have no complaints at all. There are multiple blocks I would consider though.

LSUstang05

Established Member
MMR is probably the cheapest. JDM is much more expensive but they have a hell of a reputation for building and tuning absolute freak cars/trucks that are stout as well.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member

DMP, JDM, MMR

To my knowledge WMS doesn't actually build motors though, they just sell them. Maybe they do now?

I'm going with DMP for mine based on reputation and location.

The reputation that I like most is that these things can take an absolute beating, which is what I want. Freak numbers are nice and all, but I want this thing to put out good numbers, while taking 100,000+ miles worth of a beating.

Users who are viewing this thread