Short Block Suggestions

sleek98

Established Member
2,000-2,500 for the iron block version is where I would start.

You can get a new forged Ford racing iron short block for 4,500 shipped. Figure a couple hundred for shipping.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I just sold a 15,000 mile iron shortblock for $1,800 shipped. Everyone commented that it was a really good deal so maybe I was a little low but it took a month to sell.

blowbye

Bangin gears
Established Member
Ive been looking at a new shortblock. MMR seems to have the best prices. I plan on calling them this week to figure out what is best for my build. For what people have been getting for there stock blocks the built mmr shortblock seems like a no brainer.

Nestor_GT500

Established Member
Ive been looking at a new shortblock. MMR seems to have the best prices. I plan on calling them this week to figure out what is best for my build. For what people have been getting for there stock blocks the built mmr shortblock seems like a no brainer.

i think is a very good option there buy a built short block for 4300$ that holds 1500 whp and sell your stock short block for 2k 2500$ so u only wasting 1500$ for a built short block its a no brainer for sure

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Speedboosted

Established Member
i think is a very good option there buy a built short block for 4300$ that holds 1500 whp and sell your stock short block for 2k 2500$ so u only wasting 1500$ for a built short block its a no brainer for sure

Not quite right on the math there...but anyways it is a good idea. This budget is assuming you/him can do all the work yourself. Also I have a hard time understanding why people pay so much for a stock iron short block. You can buy a brand new block for $1100, machined and ready to assembly. Nobody is going to reuse the rods and pistons, and I wouldn't want to reuse the crank since a new one is only $400.

Users who are viewing this thread