Shops to install SFC in northern VA?

F8Lbite98

back once again
Established Member
Im looking for a shop to install sub frame connectors on my 98 cobra. I would do it myself but i have no experience with welding. I live in Fairfax, Va. If anyone knows any places besides springfield motorsports or excessive motorsports. I dont really like either one of those shops. They were both kind of rude and not very professional when I went to talk to them. I felt like they didnt want to take the time to help me out and that I was wasting there time. Sorry for the long post. Any place besides those would be great.

Thanks

Matt

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Not sure of too many places in NoVa besides those two. If your willing to travel a little Woodbine Motorsports in Woodbine, MD does great work. Honestly if its just SFCs you should just find a good welder, they could do it cheaper.

F8Lbite98

back once again
Established Member
Yea i was going to ask my good friend who is excellent with welding but maximum motorpsorts says for 96-98 cobra, you have to modify the tranny crossmember for them to fit and i dont know exactly what to do and I dont want my friend to take the chance and mess it up. If i take it to a shop and they mess it up they can fix it without me having to pay...atleast i hope they would.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Its a shame Excessive turned you off when you called them. They make their own SFCs and install them at a very reasonable price.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Its a shame Excessive turned you off when you called them. They make their own SFCs and install them at a very reasonable price.

Hopefully they have improved from what Chris did for me LOL! but that was back in the day when they were still in that tiny shop in manassas. They did last pretty well tho I just had them cut off and a set of MM ones put on.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
Hopefully they have improved from what Chris did for me LOL! but that was back in the day when they were still in that tiny shop in manassas. They did last pretty well tho I just had them cut off and a set of MM ones put on.

they have improved greatly.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
this is chris i remember you you were jim peals friend.

ahahahah yeah Jim Pearl you heard from him lately? I haven't heard from him in damn years. You still got that crazy little jack russell?

Ya'll have come a long way since that little shop man, props for that for sure. might have to stop out and have a look at the new place next time I am in D.C.

I am having that 95 rebuilt .. don't know if you saw the thread in the SN95 section or not. going with coilovers this time tho.

F8Lbite98

back once again
Established Member

What was wrong with the ones you had excessive do for you?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
What was wrong with the ones you had excessive do for you?

nothing other than looks (but who looks under the car?) and they were short. but that was back in the day in the old shop before they were 'leet' lol! I wouldn't hesitate to go back there if I still lived in the area

Users who are viewing this thread