shops in tucson phoenix area

svtcobra101

Established Member
hey guys did a search and found one thread with tuners up in the phx area..but this thread was back in 2005...jus curious to kno which shops r still open and who all u recommend for a dyno tune..thanks Jeremy

phfelts

Established Member
PSR is the only one I've really heard much about. The previous owner of my car had it tuned by them and I plan on taking it back there to see the dyno numbers myself in another few months.

Jefe

Established Member
Devin at PSR in Phoenix is the best "local" tuner for Cobras. AWD and RWD Dyno 602-269-8955
Evan ES Tuned in Rita Ranch can tune and has an AWD dyno. 520-940-6826. Dont think he has done many Cobras though
Chuck Hawk in Tucson. Can tune Cobras but is expensive but always busy. 520-292-0880

scottL

Established Member
Devin at PSR in Phoenix is the best "local" tuner for Cobras. AWD and RWD Dyno 602-269-8955

also in the market for a good local dyno shop in phoenix.
found this thread and tried calling PSR but the telephone number has been disconnected.
can anyone recommend another tuner in phoenix besides Lopers that is still in business?

Jefe

Established Member
PSR just went out of business. Devin is still tuning though I just dont know where yet.

Ive heard good things about Keith at AZ Dyno Chip, Dyno Comp in Scottsdale, or Extreme Performance in Goodyear

scottL

Established Member
thanks Jefe i appreciate the information.
i've had experience with dynocomp. they're right down the street from me.
i will look into AZ Dyno and Extreme Performance.
if Devin winds up somewhere else soon i'd really rather hook up with him though cuz i'd rather go with your best recommendation.

scottL

Established Member
Devin is top notch. As soon as I have new info Ill post it up. Sign onto High Performance Stangs - Welcome to High Performance Stangs to join in on the discussion

done.
nice forum, thanks.
while websurfing i also found 'sites to the shops you referenced above and put in a call to arizona dyno chip & extreme performance.
extreme performance told me they just acquired the technology to do OBD1 cars like mine.
AZ dyno advised they're good to go and all set up for my application.
both are of equal driving distance from my house.

then i found a couple of links on the internet advising beware of ADC:

Rip-off Report | Arizona Dyno Chip | Complaint Review: 600512
Beware Of Adc (arizona Dyno Chip)

has anyone had experience good or bad with az dyno chip?
i don't want to get ripped off nor do i have much personal experience with dyno shops in the valley.

Jefe

Established Member
Interesting. I think Yaadman_GT took his Mustang there for tuning and it popped but it was a high hp build and I dont think the motor was done right but not sure. You might PM him

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
I hope the guy from PSR will still do tuning i am wanting to do stuff in the very near future

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Just talked to a guy at extreme...I might try them and let you guys know how the experience went

Mystic03

Established Member
^heard nothin but bad things about amp..very crooked they also ****ed my buddie over in his kbGT definetly not recomending them

BlakSVT

Established Member
It would be awesome if we could get a big enough group together in the region, to get someone like Justin at VMP to bring his mobile Dyno and do some one on one tunes and installs for a week. He did a heck of a job with my tune emailing datalogs back and forth, but I have always wanted to have him or someone that good, work on my tune first hand.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
It would be awesome if we could get a big enough group together in the region, to get someone like Justin at VMP to bring his mobile Dyno and do some one on one tunes and installs for a week. He did a heck of a job with my tune emailing datalogs back and forth, but I have always wanted to have him or someone that good, work on my tune first hand.

+1 and get some actual dyno numbers.

BlakSVT

Established Member
I talked with BJ briefly at VMP and they "might" be interested in coming to the southwest area if they could get some commitments on Custom tunes, blowers and installs, heat exchangers and some installs, etc to make it worth their while. We would also need to find a shop that would rent out their DynoJet for a period of time.

Logistically speaking if we were able to make some commitments on work, and find 15 or 20 guys that would participate out of the southwest area, and could find a shop around the Phoenix, Tuscon, Albuquerque area with a Dynojet that would participate, we realistically might be able to make this work.

Anyone with interest please post.

Users who are viewing this thread