Shops in Iowa

03snkvert

Established Member
I will keep on the lookout for it. I think I may have seen the Truck at Dewey. I work Just south of Ankeny (Carney-Woodside Buisness park) and usually drive by Dewey a couple times a week.

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Just the thread I was lookin for, got a 01 L myself been slowly modding it out, been looking for a shop to do a tune on mine also. Iam from the Boone area. It would be kinda nice to meet up with some people around here.

03snkvert

Established Member
I think some of the Local mustang guys are talking about a cruise up to Ledges in boone, Otherwise maybe we could all get together around here some weekend. Been a little while since I was up in boone and usually it was just for the IMCA Supernationals but it got to be such a long show the last couple years we have just been going to the latemodel nationals in knoxville instead.

Corey

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Yea it gets a little crazy during supernationals, LOL. Or drunken nudity fest I should call it. When were ya thinking about a cruise or is it still up in the air at this time, well hopefully Ill be hearing from you guys.

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
sweet I think that will be awesome. Iam gonna be heading up to cedar falls saturday to see what the truck can do, LOL. Put a few mods on her and would like to see if it can do better than a 13.9 this time.

03snkvert

Established Member
Good Luck at CF... A lot of the guys around here go up there and it sounds like nice track. Once I decide to buy a decent pair of tires for the back (dr's) I may take my car up. I am torn because I want to take it to the track but I also don't want to break a car that isn't paid for!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Could be fun. What do the mustang guys think about having a truck or two following them around (or outrunning some of them. :D )?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I think I saw that black L today. Had Marion county plates, looked stock except a cowl hood that didn't fit all that well. Dirty as hell, too. Got beside him at a stoplight but he stopped shy of my window... didn't seem very social.

03snkvert

Established Member
Skrapmetal said:
I think I saw that black L today. Had Marion county plates, looked stock except a cowl hood that didn't fit all that well. Dirty as hell, too. Got beside him at a stoplight but he stopped shy of my window... didn't seem very social.

I am not sure what county he was from (was mowing and didn't have my glasses on) but the truck was pretty dirty, so it is probably the same. As for the above post, I don't think anyone would mind. However I posted an update on the site and have not gotten a reply so we will have to take it from here and see what happens.

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Was headed up north on i35 at the orlabor exit and a white L with a checkered back window passed me from warren county. Had alot of white gravel dust on it. LOL. For some reason they are popping up in places that I dont expect.

03snkvert

Established Member
What time did you see it up there? I came through Ankeny twice yesterday on the way to and from Big Creek!

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
It was tuesday morning about 8 in the morning, I have seen it more than once in the morning time Headin north and south. Bad thing I was headin to work at fareway warehouse monday morning and a deer decided to pop out in front of me and smashed up the farm truck, LOL man I was pissed. Lookin to get the truck dyno tuned and this crap happens so now there goes that money for a bit.

03snkvert

Established Member
Ouch... That sucks. My computer must have glitched 'casue I didn't see the response in here and I kind of forgot about it.

Where abouts is the Fareway Warehouse?

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
Its on the east side of town. When ur comin in from hiway 17 its up on the right hand side of the road. Well I put some mods on the truck and now it aint running its best so I think iam about ready to break down and call that dynosport in Neb to go have it dyno tuned.

03snkvert

Established Member
I forgot to tell you there is a guy in waukee that just started dynoing and doing tunes and a friend of mine says he does a good job! I will see if I can get a number of the shop from him tonight.

http://www.lundmotors.com

I work on the far south edge of town in woodside buisness park!

Last edited:

gofastl

Life's a garden- Dig It!
Established Member
This is interesting, I see he does sct and I got a Diablo tuner but it does look like he has had some newer cars up on the dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread