Shops in Iowa

98cobra4.6

Blow me away.....
Established Member
The midwest is crappy, i figured HP in Omaha would have a dyno but some one said they didnt, but im still going to call them anyways to see where they get there cars tuned.

stevolikedevo

Established Member
I had some gears installed and a Diablo Chip programmed on my GT at Cassill Motors in Cedar Rapids when I lived there. I had to find the parts myself, but they did a good job on the install and it wasn't terribly expensive. I had full exhaust done at Big Jim's Extreme Auto in CR by a guy named Sarge. He did really good work.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
At least I'm not the only one with this problem. Seems like I'm going to have to go out of state when I go built.

03snkvert

Established Member
There are a couple of Dynos around the Des Moines area but I have heard Dynosport does an awesome job tuning. If you looked in the pics and vid section yesterday the White Turbo Cobra with Tangelo stripes was tuned at dynosport, and alot of the video from dynos that 1320video post are from dynosport.

Corey

Skrapmetal

Established Member
sonicblue70 said:
There are a couple of Dynos around the Des Moines area but I have heard Dynosport does an awesome job tuning. If you looked in the pics and vid section yesterday the White Turbo Cobra with Tangelo stripes was tuned at dynosport, and alot of the video from dynos that 1320video post are from dynosport.

Corey

Yeah, I've thought about throwing my truck on Midstate Machine's dyno... but I want someone who's tuned some Lightnings to tune mine. Don't want my truck to be a guinea pig for someone to learn on. I see a couple L's on dynosport's website, might give them a call.

I was thinking about making the trip south to Stiegemeier in Missouri... Mark at LFP recommended some place in Wisconsin for when I get my shortblock ordered, can't find the paper I wrote the name down on though.

03snkvert

Established Member
I got a quote from dynosport for tuning and it seemed like an awesome deal. He told me it would cost $500 but that is buying the SCT Xcal2 from them and all the dyno time we need until we are both happy with the tune.

Do you head out to porkys or anything like that?

03snkvert

Established Member
Suprised I have never seen the truck.... Of course I don't get to the South side alot but my aunt lives by easter lake and my brother in law lives on south union!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
My parents used to live out by easter lake... on SE Hayes, one of the new-ish streets on the south end of the lake. I haven't seen many terminators around... there's a yellow one I've seen in Firestone's parking lot, and a sonic blue I've seen a time or two on the south side. I've seen more L's... none seem to be modded much though. There's even a red one that belongs to some pest control company.

I've been out of the local car scene for a while... so I haven't really been involved in any of the local cruises or anything. I sold my last toy just coming out of high school and set the hobby aside until I picked the L up. Hoping to start getting involved in some cruises and stuff this summer, if I can find any that don't mind having a fat guy in a truck along. ;)

03snkvert

Established Member
I have seen the red pest control one, Actually saw it out at Saylorville Sat. I used to go to hardys and Porkeys alot when I had my 70 Camaro but then I started rebuilding it and haven't been to those places in a long time. I sold the Camaro Last year, After Finishing it I got tired of always working on it (had a nice 406) so on my vacation for out anniv. I decided I just wanted to find a 5 speed mustang to drive, we went up merle hay and Car City (I know) had the car so we stopped, I drove it, They traded for my Camaro and I took it home, couldn't be happier.

I have also noticed there aren't a lot of Terminators around town, I see one every now and then, but not very often.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
That's funny. I picked up my L on my anniversary last year. We were at Dewey shopping for a new car for my wife and wound up with my biggest spontaneous purchase ever.

As far as I've seen so far, my L is the only black one in town here. If there is another, I haven't run into them yet. So if you see one it's probably me. I usually only drive it in the afternoon or on weekends, I drive a company truck for my daily commuting crap.

Users who are viewing this thread