Shooting at MIT campus

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
MIT shooting reports: college campus shut down

There have been reports of a police officer being shot at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, with the university campus in lockdown while the gunman remains on the loose.
Emergency services have flocked to the university, which cordoned off an area of the campus and advised students to stay indoors.
The situation is considered active and extremely dangerous
The university is in Cambridge, which is across the Charles River from Boston, and approximately two kilometres from the site of the Boston Marathon bombings.

Massachussets Institute of Technology is just across the river from Copley Square, where the Boston Marathon finished.
The MIT student newspaper tweeted that a campus police officer had been shot and transported to Massachussets General Hospital.
A statement on MIT's 'Emergency Information' website said there had been reports of gunfire at 10.48pm local time (12.48pm AEST).
"The area is cordoned off. Please stay clear of area until further notice. Unknown if injuries have occurred," the statement said.
"The situation is considered active and extremely dangerous, an investigation is underway. Updates will be provided at this site when more information becomes available."
A further update issued half an hour later, at 1.20pm AEST, confirmed the situation was continuing to unfold.
More to come...

itSSlow98

Established Member
I heard it was after a foot chase involving an armed robbery suspect. Does not sound like a mass shooting type incident.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
BPD is talking about multiple ordinances and turning off their cells for fear of accidental detonation over the radio

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
listening to a scanner, someone said they have 2 people in custody?
apparently they may not have the other suspect

i'm texting now with a friend of mine whos dispatching now for NUPD. now they're responding. with reports of shots fired at childrens hospital

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
apparently they may not have the other suspect

i'm texting now with a friend of mine whos dispatching now for NUPD. now they're responding. with reports of shots fired at childrens hospital

scanner says shots fired at hospital is unconfirmed / no shots fired.

dooberGN

Established Member
759765692.jpg

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
scanner > news

news is a lot of clueless banter.

UPDATE:

no second suspect in custody per scanner.

Users who are viewing this thread