Shocks

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
I've searched, but I'm not really finding the answers I'm needing for my specific application.
I need to buy new shocks for my truck with my new drop. I am dropped 4 inches in the front (2 inch drop springs and 2 inch drop spindles...so the shocks only see the 2 inch drop). So for my setup, would just factory shocks work fine?
The rear...I have flipped the leafs from the top of the axle to the bottom for ~6 inch drop. I am not wanting to run extenders, so what shocks should I use? I have seen people run Strange Mustang shocks with no complaints, but that is all I have heard...I don't know which ones; just "Strange Mustang shocks". Any input? I need to get them pretty soon, so quick advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, if you have part numbers, that will help even more in my search.
Thanks in advance!
-Tyler

Last edited:

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
i just bought shocks for my truck earlier this week and its around a 3-3.5/5 drop. for the front i bought QA1's TC1504P and for the rear i bought Strange S6000EM i think... theyre for a fox body

try searching for adjustable shock or shock part number or lowered shock... and do lots of reading before you order!

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
i just bought shocks for my truck earlier this week and its around a 3-3.5/5 drop. for the front i bought QA1's TC1504P and for the rear i bought Strange S6000EM i think... theyre for a fox body

try searching for adjustable shock or shock part number or lowered shock... and do lots of reading before you order!

What kind of front drop is it? 3 inch springs, or mixture of springs and spindles, or...? I'm assuming you meant TC1540P...Are these the shocks you used for the front? Summit shows them as being rear shocks.
http://qa1.thomasnet.com/item/ford/...?&plpver=1001&origin=advsrch&by=prod&filter=0
And are these the shocks you used for the rear?
Strange Engineering S6000EM - Strange Externally Adjustable Mustang Shocks

Last edited:

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
I ended up buying a set of Bilsteins for the front, but I am still lost on the rear...I had the intentions of buying the Strange S6000EM's, but have had some input that they may bottom out with my 6" drop. Is there anyone on here that is running this low of a drop with these shocks without any concerns?

spazzyfry123

Oh Snap!
Established Member
Would the factory sized shocks work fine with a shock extender?
I was thinking about picking up a couple of Bilstein BE5-2479-H1 shocks for the rear. Same things as what I purchased for the front, just for the rear. Curious if they would be "short" enough with a shock extender?

Users who are viewing this thread