Shocks

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
Ok, I have searched and read and read some more. Right now I have stange 10 ways on the car and it beats the hell out of me everytime I drive it. Almost to the point where I don't like the drive it anymore. My car is lowered with the eibach sportlines and I have mm cc plates in the front. Really the front I can live with but the rear is were all the bone jarring is coming from. Before I forget the shocks are 4 years old but only about 10,o00 miles are on them if that. I am looking for a decently priced shock for just cruising the streets. So what do you guys suggest.........

Last edited:

uofipilot

Established Member
I also had this question, as I'm changing the lca's. I figured I'd change the shocks too (mine are stock with 78k on them). What's a good, decently priced shock?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I like them pretty good, so far. I haven't gotten to drive the car hardly at all, though. From what I can tell they seem to ride well, but I think coming from my 80k mile stock shocks and struts anything would feel good, especially since I've got H&R SuperSports. I do think I'm going to go back and soften them up a little more though. Right now I've got them set on 5 at all four corners.

My only gripe is the strut rod sticks out further into the engine bay than the stock struts did so I need to go back and move some spacers around on my Maximum Motorsports c/c plates. Put a nice little gouge on the underside of my hood from that...

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
maybe I just need to soften them up in the rear but with the 315's I am kinda afraid to do so.

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
fronts I believe I have on 5 but the rears were on 7 or 8. just switched them to 5 but have not taken it out yet.

uofipilot

Established Member
Are the 03/04 Corba Bilstiens direct swaps for our cars (meaning a 96-98 Cobra)? If so, I might try to find some.

Thanks,
Matt

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Terminators have IRS in the back so nothing back there will work on our solid rear axle's. Take a look at Tokiko D-specs, I'll be going with them once my T-56 swap is done mainly because they have a very wide range of adjustability so you can soften them up for when you're cruising or running in a straight line but then tighten them like mad if you go open tracking or autocrossing. Also, you can get extenders for the rear adjusters so that all you have to do is open your trunk to access the knobs to tighten of loosen the rears.

KazooGS-T

Established Member
For street car as in DD, Monroe Sensa-Tracs are excellent; ride is awesome and they do good on launches too.

Users who are viewing this thread