Shocks with springs

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I looked through the forums and did not see anything answering my question.

I am doing suspension
LCA
UCA
Pan hard springs

I was debating on doing the eibach pro dampening kit will those install without anything else required? Or are there other parts I need to install those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08 Shelby ND

Established Member
Probably would be a good time to do struts, and replace those top hats. Could check inner and outer tie rod, had to replace those at 45k miles

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The Eibach springs and dampers will install without the need of any additional parts. I have the Pro Kit springs and dampers. I say, if you have the coin, go for some adjustable dampers instead. The Pro Kit dampers allow too much compression in the front and too much compression AND rebound in the rear.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
hmmm I wonder if it would be better to just do some koni's or something like that? I could just do the ford performance ones those are adjustable

08 Shelby ND

Established Member
I have kong yellow adjustables, with eibach springs. Rides awesome and you can control the rebound. I would replace your strut mounts while your doing this.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I am surprised that those GT Premi I am surprised those are that bad, I'm glad that I asked before I pulled the trigger.

ND thanks for the info I will check those out, but for the price may just go with the FP ones

Can anyone chime in that has the Ford dampeners? I would get the kit but already have springs

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Don't get me wrong. The Eibachs aren't terrible. The perform fairly well, actually. I just wish they controlled the body motion just a tad bit more. I don't like the bouncy butt when I hit a big dip. The fronts are actually okay for the most part. It's the initial compression at crawling speed that I hate. Like in situations where you have to creep out of a driveway to avoid scraping, but the front end dips when it hits the lip between the asphalt and driveway, causing you to scrape anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread