Shocks/Struts

Trblmkr

Established Member
I have an 01 Cobra with MM CC plates, Steed Sport Springs and 01 Bilstein's currently on it (80k miles). It is a daily driver and hasn't been to the tracks in years.

I'm looking to replace them and after looking through many of the threads here I can't decide so thought I'd enlist my Cobra brothers help.

What is the ride difference between the Bilstein HD's and the Sports ?

How do they compare with the Stock 03 Cobra Shocks/Struts ?

My only concern with the Bilsteins (not sure there wasn't another issue I was unaware of, like a bad strut) is that when the temps drop below freezing the car felt more like it was only riding on the springs and not the shocks. Especially the driver front, every little bump caused it to bottom out with the frame of the car (never knocked it out of aligment thankfully). During warmer days, it rides just fine. :shrug:

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated

driver13

the burnout is foreplay
Established Member
I just put 03-04s on my '99 with 52k last week and there was a night and day difference there. the 03-04 are muuuch smoother
I dont think you'd be dissapointed with a set of them

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I think you sent ,me an email from here but my filter rejected it. I have the 03's and they are nice. I didn't think that the 01's had Bilstiens though, you aren't referring to the stock ones are you? If it is a daily with limited or no track use, get some 03's.

Trblmkr

Established Member
okay guys... can you get the 03-04's from a Ford Dealership or is there some place else to get them. (I can get them at $25% off from local dealership)

Any part numbers available ?

Users who are viewing this thread