shocks question

Mr.Soup

complete modular newb
Established Member
I have an 01 cobra i bought back in july, the previous owner installed a set of Eibach sportline springs which im guessing lowered it an inch and a half or so. im looking to re-build the IRS this winter and replace the shocks all the way around while I'm in there. I have been told because my car is lowered to use fox-body shocks (87-93) but I'm assuming that's for the front. what about the rear shocks and also what brands would you all recommend? I'm not interested in adjustable ones and I'm not into just drag racing the car. Except for the winter months it'll be my daily driven 90 mile a day car so something not terribly stiff would be ideal but i don't have any experince with shocks on these cars. i have had several old fox-bodys but always went the lakewood routs for drag racing. any help or advice would be appreciated.

99MystiC

Established Member
Well the reason i was told to use anything from a fox was for drag racing and it was the springs. Anyway what shocks are in the car now? If you only plan on using it as a DD then i would just go with factory or one step up. You deff dont want stiff for a DD.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Get a set of 03 cobra bilsteins and call it a day. They'll work well and wont cost as much as a set of new Bilstein HD shocks.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Get a set of 03 cobra bilsteins and call it a day. They'll work well and wont cost as much as a set of new Bilstein HD shocks.

+1. That's what I'm running in mine. And I talked to a Bilstein rep and if I ever have to get them rebuilt it'll be really cheap. And once rebuilt they get the same lifetime warranty as the HD's.

Mr.Soup

complete modular newb
Established Member
car has the stock ones that came on the car, since it rolled over 100K im sure they need replacing.
as far as the 03 cobra ones, should i just go to an autoparts store and specify those or look for a used set and re-build them?

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
I run the termy bilstiens with a 800lb front spring and 600lb rear and it still rides like a caddillac.

Users who are viewing this thread