shocks for my 98

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
I am in DIRE need of some decent new shocks that won't break the bank.
I have my car lowered 11/2 inches. Replaced the original shocks last year with some lousy Monroe shocks. Ever since then the car literally feels like i'm driving a buckboard. the slightest bump in the street or road is a serious jolt in the behind. It feels like the shocks are bottoming out.

Is there anyone on here that has a lowered Cobra like mine that has replaced the OEM shocks with aftermarket ones that give you a decent ride?
I have heard on other forums that the ticket is to use shocks from pre SN95 Mustangs because they are shorter...is there any truth to that?

HELP PLEASE! My teeth are getting loose!

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
Tokico blue shocks have a nice ride. My current car has older bilsteins on it, firm but not too bad at all.

Tickle

Established Member
Tokico blue shocks have a nice ride. My current car has older bilsteins on it, firm but not too bad at all.

I installed Tokico Blues in December and the ride has been great. Mine is lowered 1.5" with Eibachs. Check amazon.com they had some awesome prices compared to other places.

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
I installed Tokico Blues in December and the ride has been great. Mine is lowered 1.5" with Eibachs. Check amazon.com they had some awesome prices compared to other places.

Did you get a rough ride with the tokico' s? Are they adjustable? Cost...

Martin6107

Established Member
I installed KYBs on a v6, a Cobra and on my Dodge truck. RockAuto has great prices and a rebate running now. I don't race the car so those high dollar shocks just can't be justified. Ya both of the mustangs were lowered with either b-springs or Eibachs

Users who are viewing this thread