SHOCKED yet ANOTHER LS1 owner.... Are we over this yet?

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
LS1 Firebird asks me if I want to run. He had a passenger and so did I. Only mine weighs in at about 225. I am about 192. These guys where all of 105 SOAKING WET! They had diplomat plates. I also had, spare tire, baby seat, and 3/4 tank...HEAVY!

We go from a roll 3 times. Pulled away like he was sitting still. Really was not even a race.

The guys where shocked. We pull over to a McDonalds. They COULD NOT believe how fast my car was. They acted like they did not even know what the 03 Cobra was... I showed them the car and engine. They THOUGHT there Firebird was one of the kings... I dont know anything about there mods. It was clearly 2 inches lower and exhaust.

Anyone else getting tired of the easy kills? Not sure why I even shared. I guess its cause the Chevy's have spent SO much time killing the Stangs, that we have to catch up?

Nice appetizer anyway!

NOW FOR SOME REAL FOOD....

blackfang

Established Member
Nice Kill. I see you are in the Northern VA area. Just watch out. Alot of 11 second F-bodies up there.

Fast03Cobra

Established Member
I know. My 03 Cobra is an 11 second car TOO! I have only managed a 12.0 @118 so far. But on STOCK TIRES! The Z06's who run in the high 11's have DRs and they only run about 116/117. I know this car has a 11.5 @ 120 in it. I just need traction, colder air, good shifts, and a lil luck!

Bring on those 11 second LS1s. Ya know, I have YET to loose a street race. Would not mind loosing one here and there...

:)

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I've seen a couple new ZO6's bust off high 11's bone stock with no change of tires. With stickies and a cold air kit they will run 11.50's. Just a thought.

Bloodztone

Established Member
Nice kill, I think most LT1/LS1 owners still aren't aware of the 03's yet. You will be getting the classic jaw drop for awhile until more of them are seen out on the road.

blackfang

Established Member
Just keep your eye out for a 99 30th anniversary T/A WS6 with weld wheels and MD plates. A low 10 second car there. Also a low 11's 97 Z28 a buddy of mine owns. There are a few others. I have only seen 2 03's down here. None want to give me a show on I95. LOL.

Hardtop

Established Member
Originally posted by Fast03Cobra
I know. My 03 Cobra is an 11 second car TOO! I have only managed a 12.0 @118 so far. But on STOCK TIRES! The Z06's who run in the high 11's have DRs and they only run about 116/117. I know this car has a 11.5 @ 120 in it. I just need traction, colder air, good shifts, and a lil luck!

Bring on those 11 second LS1s. Ya know, I have YET to loose a street race. Would not mind loosing one here and there...

:)

Bring your car to MIR and maybe I can give you that LS1 loss your looking for.:D Nice kill by the way.:beer:

Bruce

nomols1

Established Member
could be the driver

I've raced some 03 Cobras. And granted some of them put the whoop on me. But not all of them did. It just depends on the driver. Like some spoiled kid who wants a nice looking ford gets a new Cobra but doesn't know how to drive it, so he give the snake a bad name by getting his ass handed to him

Users who are viewing this thread