Shock Tower Bracket Install ??

blucobra03

Established Member
I bought a new 2012 Mustang GT premium package with 6 speed and the 3.73 gears. A friend has the same car, only auto. and standard gears, but different color. When I was looking at his engine comparment, I noticed he had a shock tower bracket installed that was great looking with "Mustang GT" on the center of it. Since it looked great on his car, I ordered one and now have it. I am getting ready to install it, but was wondering if there is anything special about the installation process. As far as I can tell, I just remove the two nuts from the inboard shock bolts on each side of the car, put the bracket in place, reinstall the nuts and torque them down. Does anyone know if there is anything I am missing here ? Also, can anyone tell me what the torque is supposed to be for those nuts ? I have a pic of this installed on my buddies car, but can't figure out how to insert it into this post from my computer pics. There is no url associated with it, as the insert image process is looking for.

As always, I appreciate any help you guys can provide. This is a great resource only exceeded by the great people on these forums.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I snapped a gt500 strut mount bolt (last ****ing bolt after swapping in the frpp suspension kit). 13 ft lbs iirc.

Users who are viewing this thread