Shock Tower Brace rubbing hood insulation

duzzi

love my Mystic
Established Member
I have a Steeda shock tower brace and noticed it was rubbing on the hood insulation hard enough to make a good size mark in the insulation. I took it off and was wondering if anyone else has this problem ??? Going to leave it off for now until I can figure out a solution. Any suggestions ???:(:(

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
Ditch it and get the underside painted professionally for $100...makes a big difference.

Jefe

Established Member
$50 to paint my hood. Some guys on here have painted them themselves for even cheaper

duzzi

love my Mystic
Established Member
I've got a mystic so don't think I'll be painting underside of hood. I'll just ditch the brace for now. It looks better that way anyway (imo)

JymBart

Established Member
How bad is the paint on the underside of your hood? I got lucky and just needed to polish mine.
JymBart

nolyaw

Been there owned that
Established Member
I've got a mystic so don't think I'll be painting underside of hood. I'll just ditch the brace for now. It looks better that way anyway (imo)

It won't be mystic under the hood; just have them paint it the same color as whats under there and clear it. Very simple job to take the hood off. If you have a vert, you should keep the bar...it's a jelly belly

black 10th vert

Established Member
It won't be mystic under the hood; just have them paint it the same color as whats under there and clear it. Very simple job to take the hood off. If you have a vert, you should keep the bar...it's a jelly belly

Or, you could just paint the center section (that is not painted by Ford) with black, and leave the outer perimeter ribbing in Mystichrome, so that it looks deliberate, and it will save a ton too.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread