Shock/strut specs?

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
Ok guys, I have a 2011 GT, but have some questions regarding 05-09 Shocks/Struts that I am hoping you can help with.

I picked up some shocks/struts from a friend's shop this week that were shipped to him from Shelby American, supposedly take-off parts from an 08 GT500 that underwent the Super Snake conversion. He started with 8 sets, and has used three of them on his track Mustang. Well he got tired of them sitting and offered them to me for free if I could use them.

I picked them up yesterday morning, and was curious what they were off (regular, performance package, kr, etc.) so I ran the parts numbers. The tags on them are 6R33-18080-BC and 6R33-18045-BE. When I google'd it, it came up with several threads of people parting out 08 GTs. However, when I plug the part number into the ford parts database, it comes back unknown.

I talked to my buddy and he swears they came from Shelby and that they held up much better than his original shocks did. I am getting ready to install a set of Eibach Sportline springs, and was going to swap in a set to help with rebounds, but wanted to make sure they were actually an upgrade before I went through the hassle.

Can anyone offer some insight? I am thinking it is possible that these actually came off GTs that underwent the SHELBY GT package. I took a tour of their facility over the summer and they said when they did the GT program they put out close to 100 cars a day, so it's understandable why they would have so many units leftover.

Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread