Sho turbo oil feed replacement

flip_86

Established Member
i have a 10' sho leaking oil from the turbo oil feed line on the firewall side. It's the line leaking, not the seals, I can get to the engine side, but the turbo side I can barely get one finger on the head of the banjo bolt. There is also a heat shield on the exhaust manifold directly above, there's not enough room to get a torx socket on it to remove.

I bought the line ($75), ford quoted 5hrs (@ $110/hr) but said it could be more. Anyone know what's involved in changing this line? I should mention I'm in Ontario, as these prices may seem high.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'd let Ford do it. Somethings are just not worth the headache. Plus if it starts leaking again within a year, warranty.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
IMG_0118.GIF
Is that it? Ford would charge 5+ hrs to re and re a heat shield and change the line?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Take the shield off yourself and only have them replace the line. That might save you some of their extortion like estimate.

mrlrd1

Established Member
5.0 hrs is the book time for right side turbocharger R&R. Perhaps they quoted you that believing the turbo needs to come off for the line.

Just make sure you have the correct line first. There are 2 different designs and multiple revisions. The line either screws into the cylinder head or presses in with an O-ring.

Users who are viewing this thread