SHO plans for 03

ND4SPDSHO

Established Member
All depends on what kinda job I land out of school. Either sell it, or fix all the little stupid things and keep it for a daily driver, and baby whatever else I get...

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I'd also like to upgrade to the 96 brakes...I miss'em

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Now that my slicers are finally on:thumbsup: I can think about getting busy on my '95 brake upgrade. I have the front spindles, caliper brackets and calipers coming from Al Fitz. I hope to maybe get some time to upgrade those pitiful brakes in the near future. I won't have a lot of time this year because I'm going to be a tracking maniac with my new Cobra "R" :beer:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
95? noooooooooooooo 96s....full inch bigger ;-)

Originally posted by ac427cobra
Now that my slicers are finally on:thumbsup: I can think about getting busy on my '95 brake upgrade. I have the front spindles, caliper brackets and calipers coming from Al Fitz. I hope to maybe get some time to upgrade those pitiful brakes in the near future. I won't have a lot of time this year because I'm going to be a tracking maniac with my new Cobra "R" :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by RTStabler51
95? noooooooooooooo 96s....full inch bigger ;-)

Ryan:

I really have just scratched the surface on this upgrade and have not done a ton of research on it yet. I'm taking it in baby steps.

Is the '96 the V-8? Sorry, I'm a little out of touch with my SHO. I have been sidetracked with tons of projects the last several years and unfortunately none of them have been performance vehicle related :( But, I'm changing all of that now. :)

'Preciate the help! :beer:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
hmmm, thoughtt here was more to that linky. try cincysho.com i think they used to have info on it as well. once i get home I will find out more specifics for you. I'm in IN rightnow.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ryan:

Thanks for the comeback. Now that I'm at the office where I keep all my records, I looked in my SHO folder and found I have the '95 spindles on the way. I just need to buy new rotors and pads for 96-99 SHO.

I'm not sure when I'm going to have the time to do it put at least I will have the parts here when I am ready to proceed.

Thanks for clearing up the muddy water for me:thumbsup:

Bruce:beer:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
New hood supports, engine rebuild and maybe a conversion to a 3.2 in the process......... AND then brakes:D So I can slow all that monsterous power down ;-)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Is there any rear brake upgrade for the '89? Or is the front the only upgrade done?

tanks fo da hep!!

:thumbsup:

Bruce

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
some of the wild and crazy guys have modified to put another set of 96s in the back. They've also done a Cobra front package too, now that is sweet!! BTW AC, you'll also need the 96-99 brackets too.

Zach, WTF do you need an engine rebuild for? The YAMAHA isjust BROKEN IN at 100k!!!!! Slap yourself for me.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by RTStabler51
some of the wild and crazy guys have modified to put another set of 96s in the back. They've also done a Cobra front package too, now that is sweet!! BTW AC, you'll also need the 96-99 brackets too.

Zach, WTF do you need an engine rebuild for? The YAMAHA isjust BROKEN IN at 100k!!!!! Slap yourself for me.
Well I just dont want to throw a rod going down the track :)

griffined

SVT driver
I plan on doing nothing but maintenance on my 90 SHO MTX in 2003. The AC doesn't hold a charge, the temp control is stuck on HOT, and the lights in the radio are burned out, BUT I still enjoy this car for short trips around town, and parking in places I won't drive my Cobra. It's my bad weather car, and still drives nice, with only 77k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread