SHM long tubes...

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
i got a buddy who has a set of SHM long tubes and matching h-pipe with high flow cats for sale. he wants 800$ for them, they look like a very high quality header. he claims that they are the best for the 4 valve motors, and up to a 50 hp gain for me on my whippled '03. what i am wondering is 800 a good deal for them? and are they that much better than like a bbk or mac header. just kinda hard to justify 800 for used headers plus he says i will need the car retuned...im foggy here thanks for the input guys.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Don't know anything about those, but are they stainless? That is a big determining factor with regard to pricing. Most real stainless longtubes, are at least a grand, or more new, and since he has a matching, catted h to go with them, it may be a decent price. I would definitely wait for some feedback from someone that has run them before, though, so you can get the skinny on ground clearance, leak issues, etc. For the money, everyone seems to say Macs are the best for fit.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
You can probably get some used kooks stainless headers for that much. Mac is pretty good for a ceramic header and you can get those brand new with a midpipe for around 6-700 brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread