Shleby GT-H encounter today

DCOURTS

Established Member
so today i was pulling out of school (taking summer class at the University of Miami) and i see the new Shelby GT-H. at first i was like no way is that it, it must be a clone or someone's modded GT(visually). so i followed it for a little bit, there were 2 guys in a shirt and tie driving in it and then i proceeded to stop by the Hertz at MIA airport. sure enough they have 2 GT-H's for rent. Funny thing about it though is in order to rent one you must:1.) have an out of state DL 2.) proof of a return flight ticket to an out of state destination 3.) 25 yrs or older( like most rental cars) 4.)$200 a day. The guy told me that they reason they do this is because they only want tourists to be renting the car, rather than have local mustang enthusiasts take it out and beat the piss outta of it(not like any of us would do that). Well ithought id share that with you. car looks nice, unfortuantely its nothing special. A GT with looks, intake, exhaust, 3.55 gears and tuned suspension.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
thats badass,.... do you guys know if I could get one rented in illinois?

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I really like the way that those cars look, but $200 a day is a bit steep.

SpectorV

Established Member
200 a day is a bit steep for near stock 05+ gt performance. Ill just go test drive an 06 GT at a dealership if I want to drive one that bad.

DCOURTS

Established Member
SpectorV said:
200 a day is a bit steep for near stock 05+ gt performance. Ill just go test drive an 06 GT at a dealership if I want to drive one that bad.

yea i agree, and just try to imagine 30+hp. 200 is a waste unless you really are a nut about the car

Users who are viewing this thread