Shipping Cobra to Switerland

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
A gentleman approached me in email regarding my Cobra - here is his situation:

He lives in Switzerland and is looking to either purchase a new 2003 or 2004 Cobra, or find a second-hand car that can be purchased in the U.S. and shipped to Switzerland.

The questions:

What is the procedure for starting this process? Is this something that can be facilitated by an auto dealer (in case of new)? Are there any shops that any of you have dealt with that could assist with this?

Basically, any and all feedback welcome here.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by hockeypuck_74
A gentleman approached me in email regarding my Cobra - here is his situation:

He lives in Switzerland and is looking to either purchase a new 2003 or 2004 Cobra, or find a second-hand car that can be purchased in the U.S. and shipped to Switzerland.

The questions:

What is the procedure for starting this process? Is this something that can be facilitated by an auto dealer (in case of new)? Are there any shops that any of you have dealt with that could assist with this?

Basically, any and all feedback welcome here.

Hmm, is this a friend of yours or someone who contacted you over the Internet? Sounds like a possible scam.

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
Since I'm not providing any personal information, I'm not sure what they'd be scamming except some information about how to buy a car and have it shipped overseas.

I don't mind answering those types of questions.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by hockeypuck_74
Since I'm not providing any personal information, I'm not sure what they'd be scamming except some information about how to buy a car and have it shipped overseas.

I don't mind answering those types of questions.

Well, usually it starts that way, then they try and get you to buy one for them, in particular, one that is used. Here's a post that was done a few days back:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64994&highlight=scam

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Re: Re: Shipping Cobra to Switerland

Originally posted by PlatinumCobra
Hmm, is this a friend of yours or someone who contacted you over the Internet? Sounds like a possible scam.

I've seen at least one thread on here specifically dealing with the a scam that sounded very similar to this.

First thing I would do is contact a banker/lawyer/CPA to figure out how the transaction can be accomplished without risk to you.

It is possible that this is for real, but be very careful. Afterall, how did this guy get in touch with you, and aren't there easier ways to buy a vehicle from overseas?

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
Good feedback guys, thanks. I think I would enjoy laughing at anyone asking me to do something like that on their behalf.

They seemed to know particulars about my car that someone searching or reading groups would need to do, thus my lessened suspicion.

Users who are viewing this thread