Shipping a Car

qtrain

FC2 Wrecking Crew
Established Member
So I am moving from Seattle to Jacksonville, FL due to military orders. The navy wont pay to ship my Mach 1 and I'm am driving my lady's Corolla. Does anyone have a good recommendation on a shipping company?

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
im a uhaul dealer employee:

i say rent a 26 foot u haul and put the corolla inside it and rent the u haul auto transport and put the stag on it ..a buddy of mine did that from Florida to phoenix az.. you will need some loading ramps or a loading dock to get the car in and the same when you arrive. But it might be cheaper to hire a transporter if your not using the truck to load you household goods and already have a moving company moving you

http://www.uhaul.com/Reservations/EquipmentDetail.aspx?model=JH

The rate for the 26' Moving Van at SEATTLE, WA is $1,188 plus a $5 environmental fee.

The rate for the Auto Transport at SEATTLE, WA is $443 .

26' Moving Van $1,188
Auto Transport $443

Environmental Fee $5

Total: $1,636

Estimated Grand Total: $1,636

Last edited:

04svtterm

Established Member
Open Trailer $1200
Closed $1650

Just to give you a heads up, by the end of the month going into florida the rate will increase due to demand. I would recommend moving it within the week or so if you can. I am exporter who uses reliable car carriers. Carriers who i have been using for years and are the best at what they do. I trust them moving cars for all my clients which range from $5k to $350K. What i offer is headache free move. let me know when its ready and ill handle the rest. Ill keep you posted on the move. Logistics in general rarely goes smooth which is why guys like me exist.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
So I am moving from Seattle to Jacksonville, FL due to military orders. The navy wont pay to ship my Mach 1 and I'm am driving my lady's Corolla. Does anyone have a good recommendation on a shipping company?

If this is a PCS do a partial ditty. They will pay you mileage plus the weight of all your stuff (luggage and anything else you can stuff in there). It may not be a huge amount but it is not a total loss. They pay mileage or two POVs and you can get weight tickets for both vehicles empty then full, they will also cover the weigh scale fees.

When you say lady do you mean wife or girlfriend. 2 cars if married.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mackey

Established Member
I've used JP Logistics to ship a 69 Mustang, which was non-running, flat tires, with no brakes half way across the country in an enclosed trailer.

Cost 1600, and did a great job. Even helped me move it into my garage. (100 feet off the driveway)

DMGeog

I'm also looking for a shipping company now, I had 2 cars shipped already but it was 6 years ago. Here I found some info on vehicle shipping rates. Judging by my friends' experience, its better to stick to reliable companies and not to look for the cheapest prices because there may be some issues.

Last edited:

04svtterm

Established Member
I'm also looking for a shipping company now, I had 2 cars shipped already but it was 6 years ago. Judging by my friends' experience, its better to stick to reliable companies and not to look for the cheapest prices because there may be some issues.

this is what i always tell people. Cheapest always isn't the cheapest at the end. Shipping can turn into a nightmare really quick and you want to make sure the company handling your goods is experienced and helpful. for bottom dollar most will turn the other cheek and give you the voice mail service.

Users who are viewing this thread