• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

shipping a car to germany

Discussion in 'Europe' started by 03cobraracer, Mar 16, 2012.

1. 03cobraracer

03cobraracer Active Member Established Member

hey guys im stationed in grafenwoehr, but im looking to ship my car over. ive been here a few months already but i wanna bring my cobra. i was authorized on my orders to ship a car but deployed right after i got here, now im back and i wanna bring my car. incase they wont let me still ship it on there dime, how much does it cost to ship one here. i was figuring like 1500-2k but not sure. duno if any of you guys have done this.

2. BV600

BV600 Active Member Established Member

As long as you havent shipped a car on your orders you should still be able to. I got to Germany Jan 07 and didnt ship a car until summer 09 with my orders

3. 03cobraracer

really? are you army or airforce? idk i kept hearing you only get 90 days after you get here to ship a car. but i deployed like 65 days in or so. killed me today saw a bunch of guys in mustangs having a meet on post, wish i had my car so bad today lol.

4. Stanger00

Stanger00 Well-Known Member Established Member

Best thing to do is talk to your TMO if you are Air Force. I dont know what it is called for Army. I paid out of pocket with Transcar and it cost me 2grand from CA authorized port to Landstuhl. I could of saved a few hundred if I picked it up from Bremerhaven. This was back in 2007

5. BV600

BV600 Active Member Established Member

Army, I thought is was as long as you have over a year in country?

6. RCM90

RCM90 Member Established Member

Correct

7. mustangjunkie

mustangjunkie Mach 1 ***** Established Member

I didnt ship one over, and bought a car from the dealer in the states 8 months after I got here. They delivered it to a VPC close to them. I had to get a Vehicle Shipment Authorization Letter, and I faxed that and a POA to someone in the states that handled all the paperwork for me.

PM me if you have any other questions. It usually take 45-53 days to get from the states to here.

8. einehund

einehund Well-Known Member Established Member

as long as you haven't shipped a car on your orders, you're good to go. I had my old mustang shipped on the Army's dime, and then paid to ship a durango. picked up in colorado, taken to the port in galviston, boated to bremerhaven, sent through customs and then shipped directly to me in stuttgart for a 2+ ton SUV was $2200.

9. sportscars

sportscars Mustangr Event Organizer Established Member

AS I just shipped 8 cars over for the Shelby Run Europe trip, I have learned a little bit about shipping. I can put you in touch with a guy in Germany who ships Mustangs frequently from the states, as well as a guy in the Netherlands who does the same.

10. 03cobraracer

thanks ill get back to you about that soon once my car is ready to come over!