Shipping a car. Any Recommendations?

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
What are some good shippers that are trustworthy and have competitive pricing?
Thanks

ps
yes i did a search but when you include shipping it the search it pulls tons of stuff to sift through

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
I used FedEx auto transport when I bought my car. I was charged $800 three years ago so I'm sure prices have gone up. I specified I wanted it to come on an enclosed trailer. It would have been less money for an open trailer.
I had it shipped from PA to NH. Good Luck.

Fat-cat

Established Member
I had mine shipped from PA all the way to Alberta Canada without issue. I would go to uShip - The Online Shipping Marketplace - Ship Freight, Furniture, Cars or Moves and put a bid out and see whom responds. They all have user ratings and you can check them out online as well to see what kind of feedback there is. I researched 3 companies before deciding

Most of the Uship companies are verified and i have no complaints on the service i used ill look up the company name when i get home ( All my paperwork is filed there )

Fat-cat

Established Member
Shipping on my cobra Enclosed cost me 2140 + tax's i think for the distance it would have cost me more than that in flights and gas to get it home.

kzanard

Established Member
When I was looking a couple of months ago, I did a online search for "automobile transport services" and found many sites that let you fill out 1 form and get quotes from multiple companies within minutes. I forget which one I went with. Just be sure they have a valid website and feedback from actual customers, and that they are INSURED.

I did note that every single quote I received was from a BROKER. They did NOT disclose this in their quotes. They were just subcontracting the work out. This is not a big deal though as long as they guarantee and insure the shipment.

They will all pressure you to ship right away, but if you can wait up to a week or so you will likely get a lower rate from someone just looking to fill an open spot.

I think the quotes i received varied a lot. i was shipping from TX to MA and I think the quotes were:
- open trailer: $450 -$1200
- enclosed trailer: $ 950 - 2100

The lower costs came a day or 2 after the initial request. i was able to get the $950 enclosed trailer. I opted for this because I was shipping during winter and it was less than some of the open trailer quotes.

They all should have a strict inspection they do when picking the car up (the seller signs this one) and when they drop it off (buyer signs this one).

Mine was delivered door to door in 3 days and I had zero issues.

Good luck!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
When I was looking a couple of months ago, I did a online search for "automobile transport services" and found many sites that let you fill out 1 form and get quotes from multiple companies within minutes. I forget which one I went with. Just be sure they have a valid website and feedback from actual customers, and that they are INSURED.

I did note that every single quote I received was from a BROKER. They did NOT disclose this in their quotes. They were just subcontracting the work out. This is not a big deal though as long as they guarantee and insure the shipment.

They will all pressure you to ship right away, but if you can wait up to a week or so you will likely get a lower rate from someone just looking to fill an open spot.

I think the quotes i received varied a lot. i was shipping from TX to MA and I think the quotes were:
- open trailer: $450 -$1200
- enclosed trailer: $ 950 - 2100

The lower costs came a day or 2 after the initial request. i was able to get the $950 enclosed trailer. I opted for this because I was shipping during winter and it was less than some of the open trailer quotes.

They all should have a strict inspection they do when picking the car up (the seller signs this one) and when they drop it off (buyer signs this one).

Mine was delivered door to door in 3 days and I had zero issues.

Good luck!

i went with a broker who just got me a shipper for the lowest possible bid. they did some damage to the car in transport, after transferring the car to another company and wouldnt own up to it. the brokerage company said its on the actual company who did the transport, they just arrange the deal. i never did get my damages covered :cuss:

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
If you need to simply ship it you can use uShip its like ebay with rating system so you know when a company is good (feedback) Thats how I shipped two of my cars. But if you're looking for enclosed trailer I'm pretty sure most of the people on uShip are open ones

jdoc7

Established Member
Incognitoexpress.com was who I used for my latest transporting needs for my 04' CO Cobra. It shipped from PA to IL and cost me $925 enclosed. The nice thing about them was the personal service, they called quite often with updates, turn around time from pickup to drop off was only 2 days. Another added bonus is that they only haul 1 or 2 cars at a time so there aren't multiple stops along the way. They happened to be the least expensive of all the companies I contacted (the others were Horseless Carriage, Intercity Lines, Dependable Auto Shippers, Reliable, and one other I can't remember) I highly recommend Incognito Express! Talk to Missy Fox, very nice lady, her husband is Kevin Fox, they are the owner's/operator's and are located in Texas. Hope this helps.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member

boostedvert

Established Member
i would go allied moving company. thats what we used to move up when we had our cars shipped. they are based in mi and i know they ship alot of custom cars, hot rods, and concept cars.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Hey Kevin. When I had mine shipped last year from Denver, I used Hillbilly Auto Transport. I know, you're thinking the same thing I did. LOL

They have a really sweet enclosed set up, and the blew me away with they customer service. I only paid 650 from Denver, and they showed up early! The seller was their for the pick up. He had shipped a couple times before that, and called me and said these guys you sent for the car are great.

I would use them again in a heartbeat. Great experience.

Hillbilly Auto Transport | Lebanon, MO 65536

V8DER

04 Teminator
Established Member

This. buddy of mine just had his 63 lincoln shipped here and i received it. I think it was somewhere around 1k bucks but it was in a fully enclosed 2 level Semi.The hydraulic ramp to load the cars goes all the way to the ground and lays flat.you could have a bagged car completely layed out and it wouldn't scrape loading it. The upper and lower levels are completely flat as well. Very professional and courteous business.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
From
Philly to Chicago it would have costed 975.00
A plane ticket and fuel ended up costing me 178.00
Best way to get acquainted with a new car

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
I used All American auto transport, they shiped my car from Napa CA to FT Bragg NC it was about 2800 mi and it was $1100 car was filthy but no damage they are fully insured up to $100,000 and it took about 5 days they have done this with a few of my veichels

another thing to make sure of is if the car is lowered make sure you tell the company so they can accommodate... my car is lowered but still about 6" off the ground and there was no problem

Users who are viewing this thread