shifting the cobra

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
Well I tried power shifting the cobra tonight and its easier to shift it that way than to let off and shift. Wondering if anyone shifts there car without a clutch up and down? I will do it sometimes if I don't feel like clutching, i'll just rev it up and match rpms and shift. Also does anyone when down shifting with the clutch rev it up my buddys like rev it up when you down shift told him pointless unless you are matching the rpms.

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
down shift...

I don't know about what your buddy said on a technical level. That being said, I almost always down shift to save brakes and I always bring the rpms up to where they would be in that gear at that speed. Smooth and I would imagine it's easier on the engine than down shifting without bringing them up.

10sec89

Established Member
I have up and down shifted mine clutch less a lot, no harm done it falls right in when revs match.

zracer196

Established Member
As much as I like to rev match down shifts for the sound...I am thinking brakes are cheaper than the motor...But then again, maybe it's not too tough on the motor when using the engine braking.

JDUB348

Established Member
not_sure_if_serious_pug.jpg

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Shifting without the clutch is horrible for and will kill syncros. Power shifting on the other hand is hard on syncros but not going to kill them when done right

gamebred26

Established Member
clutchless shifting and flat foot, no lift or wot shfting ( ie powershifting ) are two different things. you use a clutch when power shifting.

Users who are viewing this thread