shifting problem started last night...help.

Drewzilla

Established Member
I put on a new x-pipe yesterday just to throw that out there. I dont think I could have done anything that would cause my problem by installed an x-pipe but ya never know. Anyway About halfway to my destination last night the shifter got VERY sloppy. I mean when I went from 3rd to 4th there was zero resistance and zero "feel" It felt like the shifter wasnt even attached to anything yet the car still went into gear. It's been doing it ever since. It's very annoying and feels very odd. I find myself shifting from 2nd to 5th instead of 3rd now. It's also harder to get the car into neutral now. Lets say the car is in 5th gear and I pull it out to where neutral is.....you really have to shake it around to make sure it's out of gear. It's a very odd problem and im not sure what it is. The clutch still engages fine and mechanically, I think the tranny is in good shape. Maybe it's something with the shifter or the way it's attached? I havent taken a look at it yet since it's so damn cold outside but I will soon. Any ideas?

Drewzilla

Established Member
just checked into it. The bottom bolt holding in the handle came out....durrrrrr. That would explain the reason it was so sloppy and so hard to get out of gear. Easy enough!

Users who are viewing this thread