Shifter setup

blue95

Established Member
So i have a pro 5.0 short throw in my fox right now. i like the way it feels but i want a change so i just ordered a steeda tri-ax handle. I was wondering if anyone had this setup? If so do you like it and do you have any pictures of it in the car.

blue95

Established Member
thanks. im gonna wait for the steeda to get in and see how i like it since its already ordered but that is what ill get if the steeda isnt for me.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
anybody have the pro 5.0 steeda combo?

I've had it if you mean the Pro 5.0 base with the Steeda handle. I will say that MGW is the best shifter out there. There isn't any getting around it.

blue95

Established Member
yea that is what i am talking about. did you like it? but yea id like to get the orange handle mgw but i dont want to pay for one right now so im trying the cheap route right now...

Stopsign32v

Established Member
It was ok. I thought it was "the chit" until I drove a car with the MGW. Infact I swore by the Pro 5.0 steeda setup until then.

Predatorbird

Established Member
I have the Pro 5.0/MGW handle combo on mine. It's better than stock, but I'm curious to drive a t45 with a MGW shifter.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Got the MGW on my 99 Cobra, it's the shit.

It really shines when you're getting on it, shifts are quick and crisp.

Matt99

Built not Bought
Established Member
i have a tri ax shifter with mgw adj. handle. i felt like i had to reach to much to hit 3rd with the stock tri ax handle. the tri ax with the mgw handle is effortless

jarryd2018

Established Member
Got the MGW on my 99 Cobra, it's the shit.

It really shines when you're getting on it, shifts are quick and crisp.

99 cobra has a t-45 doesn't it? If so, you're running an identical setup to me and I love it. MGW makes an awesome shifter. I've loved mine since I got it, my stock shifter made me feel like I was driving a truck.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I have the Pro 5.0/MGW handle combo on mine. It's better than stock, but I'm curious to drive a t45 with a MGW shifter.

Oh yea I had that setup too. Didn't like it, couldn't ever get the handle to stop moving when I shifted hard.

The worst shifter I've ever used was a BBK.:nonono:

tedness

Bananarama
Established Member
I've got a tri-ax but I used some longer bolts and nuts to move the lever closer to me. Looking from the backseat, when I'm in 5th gear it looks like I'm in 1st. Real comfortable throw.

04sneaky_snake

Established Member
I hated my Tri-Ax in my old GT after getting the MGW full shifter setup. Its so much better, especially when powershifting I never missed a gear again thanks to that shifter.

blue95

Established Member
so for those of you who have had the pro 5.0 base with the tri ax handle you like the way it felt?

i'd love to get a whole mgw set up but i dont want to pay for that now so i'm just trying the tri ax handle since it was so cheap. ill eventually have an mgw someday

Users who are viewing this thread