Shift Points??

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
I am looking for the web site, or worksheet, that will help determine the correct shift points using a dyno chart. Now that I have the D&D Performance T-56 in I am not sure what the optimum shift rpm is for each gear. Should be easy since there is a 30% differance between 1-2,2-3,3-4. I just need to know what that rpm should be.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i think the mach 1 registry had a link to prestage.com back in feb. check it out. you plug the torque numbers and the gear ratios and it spit out the shift points. give it a try.

StangD281

Established Member
I always go by the dyno chart & the peak power. My car makes peak power at 5900 rpms, so I shift 500-600 rpms higher which then drops the car back into the peak powerband for the next gear. For me, that is right around redline.

Best method is to practice & see what nets you the best results.

Tomcat427

Established Member
Originally posted by ON D BIT
i think the mach 1 registry had a link to prestage.com back in feb. check it out. you plug the torque numbers and the gear ratios and it spit out the shift points. give it a try.

The link is no longer valid, I have searched the site and have not been able to find the page again.

Tomcat427

Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
I always go by the dyno chart & the peak power. My car makes peak power at 5900 rpms, so I shift 500-600 rpms higher which then drops the car back into the peak powerband for the next gear. For me, that is right around redline.

Best method is to practice & see what nets you the best results.

Thnaks:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread