Shift points seemed to have changed

SVT_Colin_01

Established Member
So when I first started driving my 2001 Cobra I could easily roll around in 1st and even get up to 45mph at 2500-3000 rpms but now I can barely get up to 10mph to without breaking 3000 rpms... Right now I have to be in 3rd to get to 45mph without breaking 3000-4000 rpms. Is that normal for our cars? Anyone know what might have changed or even if it could be a burned up clutch?

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's only normal if you changed gears. Usually if you smoke a clutch you smell it. If you're in 5th and roll into the gas does the car slowly accelerate and the rpms slowly rise or do the rpms shoot up?

SVT_Colin_01

Established Member
It's only normal if you changed gears. Usually if you smoke a clutch you smell it. If you're in 5th and roll into the gas does the car slowly accelerate and the rpms slowly rise or do the rpms shoot up?

The only times I have really distinctly smelled the clutch was when I first started to drive the car and was doing hill starts (it's my first manual) and when my dad would pull it up into our garage (my driveway is pretty steep). I haven't had the car in 5th since I drove it home a week ago and then it was driving fine. I can take it out tomorrow and get it into 5th and see though.

SVT_Colin_01

Established Member
So I drove it today and when I was in 5th and I rolled onto the gas it slowly accelerated and te rpms slowly rose. I also stalled the car and then when I restarted and took off it went back to how it was driving before but when I can to a stop then got going again it went back to acting different.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread