Shift Point Calculator

MrSwa

Established Member
Since I am unable to upload attachments here, I had to do it over on modular ford. Pretty sure you have to be a member to download, but it's not a huge deal to sign up.

Shift Point Calculator

Copy from other thread:
A couple of friends and I put this sheet together a while back. Just as the title says, it's a sheet to calculate the optimal shift points based on your car's torque. I'd love to get feedback from people about what they think.

TO USE:
Input your torque curve into the appropriate cells along with the proper transmission ratios and tire diameter. NOTE: the tire diameter calculator included is for reference. You will still have to put that value into the tire diameter cell that is darker blue. Then simply press the run button. The transmission button simply shows some common transmission gear ratios.

Again, any feedback is appreciated.

Teej281

Established Member
Tried it out with numbers from my GT. Looks like it is pretty legit. Told me I should be shifting at 6500rpm from 1-2...dont think my rods would like that very much but cool idea. Have you done any track testing with the numbers your calculator spit out? And does your calculator take into consideration powershifting?

MrSwa

Established Member
1st) MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING REV2

2nd) This has no input for time of the shift. This is purely a shift rpm based on torque band. Like I said on the other page, if this outputs rpms higher than redline, or comfort, just shift at the highest point comfortable with. The point here is to minimize the difference in wheel torque between shifts.

Users who are viewing this thread