Shift Lights

SLO_NEON

Uncle Ben's Rice
Established Member
Greetings,

I realize I'm the "enemy" here with my little Neon... but... all joking aside... Shift lights. I know Autometer is the "king" of shift lights and tachs... but I'm looking for something a bit smaller.

http://www.raptorperformance.com/

anyone ever tried this company? ever heard of them? same goes for Nology as well?? small and effective are the name of this game.

thanks guys/gals

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Ive seen stuff about this posted before. Do a search in the "New Edge" section and the "terminator" section :).

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
I WILL be getting one of those raptors, they are awesome. I am gonna try to install mine in the vent like the one in the Camaro on the website. Wals is right, someone in the new edge forum just got one, can't remember who it was. Maybe Kgblack99 or something. The title was like "look what UPS brought me"

mustangcobra93

Established Member
I had a proform and the dam thing never worked right. I now have an autometer and love it. A friend has the raptor in his '03 cobra and loves it as well.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
I've got a smaller shift light that came with the Ford Racing Tach. It was recommended to me that I move the light to the bottom so it wouldn't blind me.

DSC05857.JPG

Also for anyone who's putting a tach in a mustang. UPR sells a bracket for 40.00 that bolts on to the side of your A/C to keep holes out of your dash. I highly recommend it.

DSC05858.JPG

dfw99cobra

Established Member
wals9331 said:
Where does that bracket bolt to dfw99cobra?

I only looked at the bracket before and then saw it put on so I'm not totally sure. I got it when I replaced my first solid axle. However, I believe it bolts onto the side of the air conditioning controls. You could call UPR if you wanted...k i've got some free time so I just called upr. I was right you take the plastic trim off and it screws onto the side of the A/C. To be perfectly honest of every part of my car (hood included) more people have asked about that bracket than anything else.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Does it screw into existing holes or do you have to make some? I hate making holes in my car...

dfw99cobra

Established Member
wals9331 said:
Does it screw into existing holes or do you have to make some? I hate making holes in my car...

You take out screws and put them through the bottom of the bracket it all ready has holes

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
dfw99cobra said:
You take out screws and put them through the bottom of the bracket it all ready has holes

Cool, i need to check it out...i wouldnt mind having a tach/light :thumbsup:

dfw99cobra

Established Member
The Ford Racing tach was expensive (200.00+ strong unless you find it used) however, I'm going to be SC by the fall and I can't wait to sit in my drivers seat and see all FR guages in my pillar and the matching tach. It's definately a lot of fun having a tach. I like the light and location of light on mine because it's just bright enough for you to see but not overbearing.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I have a raptor and it is awesome. Best one out there. My friend has a autometer and its freakin huge. The way I've got mine mounted you don't really see it from outside the car.

No pills to buy and no adapters. 3 Wires and that's it.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread