Shift hesitation fuel related do the 13/14's do it.

r103

Established Member
The one thing I could not stand about my 04 was the fuel pressure dropping between shifts. I tried everything (yes I shifted fast) to fix ended up going return style to fix the problem. Anyway I'm in the market for another toy an I'm wondering what if any quirks do the 13's have.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
The one thing I could not stand about my 04 was the fuel pressure dropping between shifts. I tried everything (yes I shifted fast) to fix ended up going return style to fix the problem. Anyway I'm in the market for another toy an I'm wondering what if any quirks do the 13's have.

If you're paying attention to things like described above you might be bothered by the ECP (Electronic Clutch Protection) programmed into the 13/14's. It makes launching with all nannies off tricky when trying to slip the clutch.

The 1-2 shift cannot be too fast or you risk getting locked out.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
If you're paying attention to things like described above you might be bothered by the ECP (Electronic Clutch Protection) programmed into the 13/14's. It makes launching with all nannies off tricky when trying to slip the clutch.

The 1-2 shift cannot be too fast or you risk getting locked out.

what is with that? I took my shelby out last night and played around for the first time, and found the 1 to 2 shift pretty complicated compared to my t56 in my terminator. I could wide open throttle shift 3rd and 4th, but it just don't like it going into second. And a couple times when I launched it (on drag radials), it almost felt like it had traction control on even though I had it turned off.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
what is with that? I took my shelby out last night and played around for the first time, and found the 1 to 2 shift pretty complicated compared to my t56 in my terminator. I could wide open throttle shift 3rd and 4th, but it just don't like it going into second.

My PERSONAL feeling is it's another attempt by Ford to prevent part damage, though I don't know how it may be monitored/programmed. You can speed shift into 2nd, but don't bother trying to powershift. And yeah, it's flipped from the 03/04 Cobra where 1-2 was easy and 2-3 was the bitch. 2-3 on the Shelby is amazingly sweet. :beer:

And a couple times when I launched it (on drag radials), it almost felt like it had traction control on even though I had it turned off.

That's the ECP. :nonono:

Last edited:

sftdyna

Established Member
When I first got my car I actually noticed this slight hesitation. I believe it was 2nd to 3rd. It felt just like fuel shutting down for a split second. It only happened for that one day and i attributed it to bad gas. Now that some other people have the same symptom what could it be and why have i never felt it again? as far as shifting goes my MGW along with clutch line upgrade and syn trans fluid enables me to shift at any rpm as fast as i want. I truly believe this upgrade is a must!!

Users who are viewing this thread