WANTED: Shelby Oil Seperator S197-1050 Catch Can (Passenger Side or complete set kit)

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Im looking and very motivated to purchase older style Shelby Billet Aluminum S197-1050 passenger side oil seperator catch can kit or just the can (Pictured below is the driver side). Im also looking for a set (Passenger and Driver) of 2005-2014 Shelby Oil Seperator-90-Black (Pictured Below).

These were used on any S197 Mustang, Shelby GT500's, Super snakes and shelby 1000's. I prefer new or if used in mint condition. Im also in search of any RARE option parts used on 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Super Snakes and Shelby 1000's. PM me what your offering and price.Thanks.......Vinnie B

20230810_204843.jpg20230810_204922.jpg

OS1-500DS-BA-2.jpg

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
The Shelby S197-1050'S are period correct for the 2013 Super Snakes and came with the holeshot packages. Steve @2011 gtcs has these on his shelby. He modified and added his own personal touch.....looks badass too (Built engine time.)! These wont be easy to track down. Thanks for sharing thou brother! But im mind set on these!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The Shelby S197-1050'S are period correct for the 2013 Super Snakes and came with the holeshot packages. Steve @2011 gtcs has these on his shelby. He modified and added his own personal touch.....looks badass too (Built engine time.)! These wont be easy to track down. Thanks for sharing thou brother! But im mind set on these!
I actually really like the GT500 logo ones @Norton posted, but the CS look awesome as well. The older rare Shelby stuff is becoming extremely hard to find, I scour ebay everyday looking for anything rare. I'm beyond happy I was able to remake the holeshot brackets, I have another guy with a super snake that wants me to make him a set. @Vinnie_B I'm assuming you specifically want the CS logo catch cans?
Screenshot_20230811_081139_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230811_081157_Gallery.jpg

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I actually really like the GT500 logo ones @Norton posted, but the CS look awesome as well. The older rare Shelby stuff is becoming extremely hard to find, I scour ebay everyday looking for anything rare. I'm beyond happy I was able to remake the holeshot brackets, I have another guy with a super snake that wants me to make him a set. @Vinnie_B I'm assuming you specifically want the CS logo catch cans? View attachment 1804985View attachment 1804986
Yea, Im looking for the Passenger side Shelby-1050 W/CS logo.Its the correct can for 2013 that came with the holeshot package. I have a brand new driverside that I was able to track down as pictured above.. I know its going to be very difficult to find........unfortunately. If you'd being willing to make a set of brackets for me I'll pay you whatever you want @2011 gtcs. Yours are awesome!!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, Im looking for the Passenger side Shelby-1050 W/CS logo.Its the correct can for 2013 that came with the holeshot package. I have a brand new driverside that I was able to track down as pictured above.. I know its going to be very difficult to find........unfortunately. If you'd being willing to make a set of brackets for me I'll pay you whatever you want @2011 gtcs. Yours are awesome!!
I'll PM you about getting brackets. I need to update the driver side one so it looks more legit.
Screenshot_20230811_083743_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230811_083800_Gallery.jpg

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Sucks they only have the 90s available, I would like to switch the GT500 logo ones.
Those are obselete too! Have been for awhile. Those are older and more rare than the Shelby-1050 CS logo ones.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Those are obselete too! Have been for awhile. Those are older and more rare than the Shelby-1050 CS logo ones.
I have the 90 degree GT500 logo catch in black, but I need a stright one for the passenger side to match, maybe one day I'll find it, than I can switch them out lol. I'll talk to my guy who does my billet aluminum stuff and PM you next week
Screenshot_20230811_093209_Gallery.jpg
next week.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the 90 degree GT500 logo catch in black, but I need a stright one for the passenger side to match, maybe one day I'll find it, than I can switch them out lol. I'll talk to my guy who does my billet aluminum stuff and PM you next week View attachment 1804999 next week.
Sounds good......I appreciate it! Those Shelby-90'S are cool too!! But there more rare than the Shelby-1050 CS logo one's. I'll keep an eye out for you but as I recall I think I saw one for sale couple years back and it was a satin passenger side.......Man thats going to be difficult to find steve.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
I actually really like the GT500 logo ones @Norton posted, but the CS look awesome as well. The older rare Shelby stuff is becoming extremely hard to find, I scour ebay everyday looking for anything rare. I'm beyond happy I was able to remake the holeshot brackets, I have another guy with a super snake that wants me to make him a set. @Vinnie_B I'm assuming you specifically want the CS logo catch cans? View attachment 1804985View attachment 1804986
Wow, is that a billet Shelby battery cover? Looks awesome!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

SPR_SN8K

I have the 90 degree GT500 logo catch in black, but I need a stright one for the passenger side to match, maybe one day I'll find it, than I can switch them out lol. I'll talk to my guy who does my billet aluminum stuff and PM you next week View attachment 1804999 next week.
Can your guy make a CS logo bracket for me to use on my catch can? I'd love to have one for my 08 super snake.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Im looking and very motivated to purchase older style Shelby Billet Aluminum S197-1050 passenger side oil seperator catch can kit or just the can (Pictured below is the driver side). Im also looking for a set (Passenger and Driver) of 2005-2014 Shelby Oil Seperator-90-Black (Pictured Below).

These were used on any S197 Mustang, Shelby GT500's, Super snakes and shelby 1000's. I prefer new or if used in mint condition. Im also in search of any RARE option parts used on 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Super Snakes and Shelby 1000's. PM me what your offering and price.Thanks.......Vinnie B

View attachment 1804860View attachment 1804861

OS1-500DS-BA-2.jpg
How important/necessary are catch cans?

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
How important/necessary are catch cans?
Catch cans help trap oil vapors before they get recycled back into the supercharger/intake manifold to get burned off in your combustion chamber. Without them you will eventually get alot of oil build up in your intercooler and carbon build up in your combustion chamber. They wont stop all of it but a decent catch can setup will trap alot of oil. IMO......i think they are important to have on......especially the passenger side! UPR has some of the best on the market! Thats what im currently using.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
Catch cans help trap oil vapors before they get recycled back into the supercharger/intake manifold to get burned off in your combustion chamber. Without them you will eventually get alot of oil build up in your intercooler and carbon build up in your combustion chamber. They wont stop all of it but a decent catch can setup will trap alot of oil. IMO......i think they are important to have on......especially the passenger side! UPR has some of the best on the market! Thats what im currently using.

Thanks Vinnie!

Looking at this one from UPR. 10-14 Shelby GT500 5.4 5.8 TVS Passenger Billet Oil Catch Can

Do I need the one way breather, replacement o-rings, magnetic drain plug, and drain line kit?

Edit: Didn't even see the link you provided. So just order that one and I'm all set? Going to order it and bring it with me to Lidio to have him throw it on for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread