Shelby mustang

2814v

Established Member
There's been lots of talk about a 06 Shelby mustang, maybe a GT 350 or a GT 500. How about ford offering both, GT350 a none blown 5.0 with 350 hp and the GT500 a blown 5.0 with 500hp. :thumbsup:

bobby1

Established Member
This is why I joined this forum! Hope to see a real shelby mustang in the next 2 years. :lol:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
I'm with you guys! I've had 10 (yes, 10) mustangs, with 2 Shelbys in the mix ('67 GT-350, '69 GT-500 convertible). I AM FROTHING AT THE MOUTH for the new SVT, preferrably a 'vertible. The Shelby name would be nice, but gimme horsepower, call it what you like! Very cool for the Shelby name to come back, though :bowdown:

03Cobra745

I hope they come out with a Shelby. With the next Cobra being a MY2007, I would thing Ford would introduce some performance model before then.

From what I've seen/heard, the next Cobra will be $45K+.

A Shelby may be in the $30K's and more affordable.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Originally posted by bhartman
I hope they come out with a Shelby. With the next Cobra being a MY2007, I would thing Ford would introduce some performance model before then.

From what I've seen/heard, the next Cobra will be $45K+.

A Shelby may be in the $30K's and more affordable.

Just my .02, but I would think that- if they did it the same as in the '60s (which seems to be the way with this roll-out)- the GT-350 and GT-500 would be the most expensive. I don't think that they would have the GT-350, GT-500, and Cobra. I would think it would be Cobra GT-350, Cobra GT-500, and Cobra R- with the Shelby tags. Alot of folks called the 60's Shelbys "Shelby Cobra Mustang" GT-350 or 500. Maybe that's how it will shake out. Who knows. Just hope they jam the most potent engine into the engine bay, and let us light the fuse. Let's not forget handling, though...

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
In the spirit of nostalgic muscle car history...I would like to see the Shelby designed as a straight line monster....NO IRS!

IMO...Ford shudda offered a "Drag Pack" option with the Cobra.:burnout:

Last edited:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Originally posted by Snakebite
In the spirit of nostalgic muscle car history...I would like to see the Shelby designed as a straight line monster....NO IRS!

Nice! Maybe a GT 500 w/Drag-Pak option (Live Axle, 411s, Tranny cooler)...Good stuff!

03Cobra745

Originally posted by Snakebite

Sorry, but being a track driver, I'll take the IRS over the solid-axle anyday! The solid-axle just doesn't cut it when you're chasing the Europeans around a track.

PGreenSVT

Established Member
The Shelby GT350 and GT500 were called Cobra's also and had Cobra badging. They were also made at the same time as the AC Cobra roadster. I don't see any reason for for not to do new GT500 and GT350 "Mustang Cobra's" and the new concept car as just the Shelby Cobra. That's the way it was until 67 when the roadster died.

Users who are viewing this thread