Shelby Kicker Install

beau t

Established Member
Ok guys i'm reading this and thinking big coin, does replacing the speakers clean up the muddiness, if its a shaker system with the factory sub and NAV what can be done to get it to actually produce sound (lol) without throwing big money into it?

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Shelby/Kicker amplifier Plug/Play Amp/Wiring Kit

Shelby Kicker 4.1 Channel Amp (2010-2012)

Amp installing: 2010+ Shaker WITHOUT Navigation Shelby/Kicker Amplifier ONLY

Car: 2012 GT500 Shaker 500 [NO OEM trunk sub-enclosure] without Navigation

...............................................................................................................................................................................................

Long story short- I have no-sound coming out of the 6x8 full-range door & rear deck speakers!!! Only the door subs are producing low-frequency full-range sound!

The included installation instructions are not accurate or lacking detail description-

I followed the instructions but I can't seem to find where the (+) positive cable is supposed to plug into the Shelby/Kicker amp! According to the youtube video [see below] it's for the addition of the trunk Shelby/Kicker enclosure/amp kit. The instructions make NO mention where to plug into the Shelby/Kicker "KA-Amp" unit itself.
Refering to install sheet, steps 6, 7, and 10. But my clip is a black one like in the youtube. Plus instructions also refer to a "Mobile-Ease" which I don't know if my GT500 has this.
Lastly, the only other time (+) positive wire comes up is step 26. "Connect the amplifier overlay harness power plug to the power harness". Where?!? NO pic or diagram on the instruction sheet for step 26.

I connected the harness wire as instructed- One is between the OEM RADIO & the car's factory harness.
The other end has four connectors: two plug into the Kicker/Shelby amp, single black wire to the chassis. Another white connector with two red wires left hanging/loose.

Here's the only youtube video I could find on this install. Go to 3:35 thru 3:56 and look at the single red wire being fed thru the firewall.
Then go to 12:18, you will see the single red wire with the black connector. I ordered ONLY the Shelby/Kicker amp. So If I'm watching this correctly, I never needed to route this wire if I'm only going with the Amp, correct?

Last edited:

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Well I had some lunch & some more coffee to "ponder" on what I did or did not do....

Go to 12:17 mark & pause it-

That white clip with three red wires dangling by itself is what I'm supposed to connect the single red (+) wire to!

What thru me off was that black factory-looking clip & had to remove it from MY single red wire. Take the "naked" red wire and plug it into any of the three pins in the white clip.

Now I have sound!!!

Users who are viewing this thread