Shelby Hood on 13 mustang

wellby

Established Member
There is a mint 2014 Shelby hood for sale locale, is it a direct swap for a 13 GT hood or is the front end on a Shelby different ?

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
Well you can install a gt 500 front end onto a 13-14 GT while using a GT/v6 hood. I don't see why you can't do the reverse.

Jabooh1

Established Member
I looked into this a long time ago. I wanted the mamba hood for my '13 boss. This site sells the mamba hood and says it only fits with front end conversion. http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/2020fomugtto.html

If you look at the parts included it is a hood, front facia, etc.

I have read that if you put a GT500 hood on a GT the gaps all around are larger. Does it bolt on yes. Will it look good with the gaps bigger I don't believe so.

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
There should be no fitment issues, most places sell hoods for the 10-14 GT500 (13/14 V6, GT) as the same fitment, EG Trucarbon/Trufiber, Cervinis, etc.

Brent Davis

Established Member
The GT500 hood will bolt up to a stock '13 GT without issues.

FWIW, I have a '14 GT.....which is the same as your '13 AND bolted on the BMC Extreme customs Black Mamba hood WITHOUT issues. You don't have to have the front bumper cover for the hood to fit and there are no gaps.

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
The GT500 hood will bolt up to a stock '13 GT without issues.

FWIW, I have a '14 GT.....which is the same as your '13 AND bolted on the BMC Extreme customs Black Mamba hood WITHOUT issues. You don't have to have the front bumper cover for the hood to fit and there are no gaps.

PICS Please? The only ones I see in a google search on a GT is the black demo car on BMC's site, which doesnt offer much detail.

Users who are viewing this thread