Shelby GT500 Tires

Dragster 53

I bought my first 09 shelby gt500 in November, the car is in excellent condition with only 36k miles on it,

It came with many mods that I would've eventually done myself so that saved me a ton of money,

Everything is about the car is great except for the tires, the car came with 255/40\zr19 in the front and 305/30/zr19 in the back,

I like the width of the rear tires at just 12 inches but don't like the lower profile plus the rear tires are smaller than the front tires,

I'm going to get new tires and want to go with the 255/40/xr19 in the front, so far I haven't been able to find tires for the rear that would have a tread width of 12 inches and the same sidewall profile as the front tires,

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it, I want to keep the required tire diameter of 27 inches to keep the speedo as accurate as possible.

Last edited:

gatorfan462

Established Member
Do you have any pictures of the 305/30? I will probably go with that size when I buy wheels here in the near future and would like to know what it looks like.

And a 295/35 would probably be the closest you would get to a 12" width and 27" height.

Kevin P

Established Member
How wide are the rear wheels? 2009 didn't come with 19" so they are definitely aftermarket.

295/35/19 is a really good match height-wise. 305/30 will definitely be shorter.

Users who are viewing this thread