Shelby GT350 Transmission

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Shelby GT350 Transmission.jpg
Sixth Sense
A Tremec 3160 six-speed directs power from the GT350’s 5.2-liter engine
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

We know a special engine powers the Shelby GT350 and GT350R. The 5.2-liter V-8 sports a game-changing flat-plane crankshaft, which beefs up its midrange torque and extends the engine’s rev range. The result is an impressive output of 526-horsepower and 429 lb-ft of torque, which adds up to over 100 horsepower per liter.
Continue reading →

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Part deux eh? :rockon:

The scratched up wooden table top. Depth of field. The grit or noise. Just the right contrast. I love those shots Steve and am thankful for your highly trained eye. Seeing this one was like watching the sun set on a perfect day.

Interesting note about temps. Makes me wonder if this transmission in this car likes to run a little hot when pushed or if it is simply a matter of more data being available to keep the driver better informed.

Good work.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Says the clutch housing is "die cast" but pic shows a traditional stamped steel pressure plate housing. Interesting to say the least, it may be a reasonable alternative to the MT82 if it holds power better. Hope you wont need a VIN to order one.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Says the clutch housing is "die cast" but pic shows a traditional stamped steel pressure plate housing. Interesting to say the least, it may be a reasonable alternative to the MT82 if it holds power better. Hope you wont need a VIN to order one.

The friction surface/flange/etc shown in the photo prior to the one with the stamping is indeed a casting.

I do not believe that you'll need a VIN. Most every part looks to be available in the catalog (when Ford finally figures out pricing) and some parts have already been out for a bit now.

Users who are viewing this thread