Shelby fires up then dies right after

griz_83ho

Established Member
Looking for some insight on what could be happening. I installed a kb2.8 kit a couple months ago and every time I try to start the car it fires then immediatly turns off. Anybody had this issue and steer me on where to start looking and checking? Just installed and Lund tune and it ran first thing this morning and idled fine for the first time so I thought it was fixed but now doing the same thing again.

gtt500

Established Member
check the connector on your diablo mafia if you have one
Looking for some insight on what could be happening. I installed a kb2.8 kit a couple months ago and every time I try to start the car it fires then immediatly turns off. Anybody had this issue and steer me on where to start looking and checking? Just installed and Lund tune and it ran first thing this morning and idled fine for the first time so I thought it was fixed but now doing the same thing again.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Check fuel pump fuse.
Check vacuum lines.
Check throttle body.
Check MAF sensor.
Check spark plug gaps if you installed new plugs with the kit.

griz_83ho

Established Member
Think I checked all BAP fuses as well as fuses in fuse panel.
Mafia connection seems to be good.
No new plugs installed, car had 4k miles on it.

Is there anything in regard to a throttle position sensor, etc. So that as soon as you touch the throttle it does if attempting to keep it running

res0n0xg

Established Member
not saying this is the issue, but everything I've seen you shouldn't be running stock plugs with that setup TR6 or TR7, or were those already installed previously?

stsltd

Established Member
Had a similar problem with mine when I pulled the KB and reinstalled - the cross over fuel line was pinching behind the supercharger, restricting fuel flow, would give it enough to start but then die -replaced it with a longer line, no problems since - took me forever to figure it out.....

something to look at

Dave

griz_83ho

Established Member
Thanks guys, appreciate the input. I will check that fuel line. And plugs I believe you are right and appreciate you mentioning that. Once i get this damn thing to run I will swap those as well

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
So I'm clear, you installed the KB a few months ago.....did it run fine until now or are you starting it for the first time today??

If you swapped the electronics and motor from the stock TB to the new one, make sure it is opening and closing the blade properly.

EvilSnake

Established Member
MAF sensor. I had this problem last summer... My sensor just up and decided to quit functioning. Bought a new sensor and car fired right up... can't quite remember what code it was flagging though..

Users who are viewing this thread