Shelby finally arrived

nate

Established Member
WP_20130414_007_zpsa3434881.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Well after many years of waiting for the right time to buy a new Shelby, the car finally is in my garage. I sold my 03 Cobra back in the winter of 2008 in order to start saving for a new 08 GT 500. Unfortunately life threw a few curve balls at my wife and I in our attempts to start a family. Fast forward five years and I was finally back in a position to order my new car. The wait was worth it since the 14 Shelby improved upon so much over the 08. Ordered on November 7th. Luckily I was able to sell my two fox bodies over the winter to make room and help fund the purchase. Order got changed to scheduled on 3/15, got a vin on 3/21. Car was built at released on 4/1. Only took five weeks to go from scheduled to delivered. My dealer was McMahon Ford in St. Louis. Can't say enough nice things about them. Never required a deposit, and I offered. Said my word was good enough. The sales manager kept me in the loop more than I would have expected. Great guy to work with. This is the first s197 that i have driven. I wanted my GT 500 to be my first experience with them. All I have to say that this car is a complete beast. Definitely will have to relearn how to drive a high horsepowered car. The drive home from the dealer with 25 miles on the car I dropped it to 3rd and punched it. In seconds it was at 120 mph. Looked back and saw flashing lights. I refused to let the dealer touch the car so it was filthy and still in all the plastic, which I'm sure helped my situation. Explained to the cop that I had literately just left the dealer and had no idea the car would move that quick. He was cool and let me off with a warning. Spent the weekend washing and applying the Zaino. Luckily this car is a weekend/summer car only. Black is way too much work for a daily driver. Wife loves it, calls the car the panty dropper. My 2 1/2 year old boy can't get enough of riding around in it, and bugs me to go faster whenever we have been putting around. I had planned to do an exhaust when I bought it, but the factory mufflers are damn near perfect. The whole car is. I am very surprised how loud it is for a factory exhaust. I would like to thank all the guys that have led the charge on keeping us all in the loop on these cars such as Chris, Iceman, and Snoopy. Without you guys, trying to figure out and deal with Ford and their order system would have been a nightmare.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Awesome. Congrats. And as MN pointed out, black IS the fastest color lol. :coolman:

mwilson6192

Established Member
Congratulations, Nate! Beautiful car!

If you don't mind me asking, what base of Zaino did you use? I just receive a batch of Zaino products, and I'm curious if you started with Zaino AIO or went right for Z2 or Z5 in view that the paint is literally brand new?

And I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of the members here (including the folks you named). They have been instrumental and helpful in helping us all understand what it takes to get a Shelby. When I first started my journey I had no idea that it would take substantial research and perseverance to order (and more importantly actually obtain) a >$60K mass produced car.

nate

Established Member
Congratulations, Nate! Beautiful car!

If you don't mind me asking, what base of Zaino did you use? I just receive a batch of Zaino products, and I'm curious if you started with Zaino AIO or went right for Z2 or Z5 in view that the paint is literally brand new?

I am by far not an expert on car detailing, but here is what I did. Washed the car at the car wash using the high pressure hose (car was so dirty you couldn't see the stripes) Came home and washed using Dawn with a 2 bucket system. Then clay bared and washed again using the zaino wash. Used the z5 on a couple small spots, then used the z2, 2 coats. Finished using the Z8.

Users who are viewing this thread