shelby cobra

hawkster

Established Member
I seen a black 1967 shelby gt 500 built in this barn here in ohio and i talked to the guy who built this car. It recently sold for $265,000 in AZ car show. Shelby knows this guy personally and had 2 motors left brand new in his gardge from 1967. Shelby sold one of the 2 motors to this guy who built this Shelby GT 500 which was black with white leman stripes. He paid $25,000 for the motor and not real sure how much on the rest of the car. The engine was a brand new 427 with 650hp. Before this engine he ran a 10.3 in the quarter with a 525hp jet cobra motor. There is going to be a last project car Shelby is starting sometime but his health isnt that good and the guy who bought and built the Shelby sold in AZ said he wont let this last car go to waste. I know a little more about this last production car but i think the rest im going to have to keep under raps i might tell you more when i find out. Lets just say shelby said that this will be the biggest shelby ever built and the last one to.

fordification

Established Member
Originally posted by hawkster
I seen a black 1967 shelby gt 500 built in this barn here in ohio and i talked to the guy who built this car. It recently sold for $265,000 in AZ car show. Shelby knows this guy personally and had 2 motors left brand new in his gardge from 1967. Shelby sold one of the 2 motors to this guy who built this Shelby GT 500 which was black with white leman stripes. He paid $25,000 for the motor and not real sure how much on the rest of the car. The engine was a brand new 427 with 650hp. Before this engine he ran a 10.3 in the quarter with a 525hp jet cobra motor. There is going to be a last project car Shelby is starting sometime but his health isnt that good and the guy who bought and built the Shelby sold in AZ said he wont let this last car go to waste. I know a little more about this last production car but i think the rest im going to have to keep under raps i might tell you more when i find out. Lets just say shelby said that this will be the biggest shelby ever built and the last one to.

I have the video clip of that car being auction at the barrett-jackson. I was in total aww over that car. Here's some shots.
2004BJCCA2_712_Spc.jpg

2004BJCCA2_712_Eng.jpg

I also heard there is a new Shelby Mustang in the making. Carrol mentioned he's ending his career where it started, with Ford building a Shelby Mustang. He's says there are 3 projects before he retires, one in which is a new Cobra.

hawkster

Established Member
shelby

Yes the car was prefect and this guy who built it is just the most amazing guy you will ever meet if u meet him. Hes a business man and is very good one but never lets down on any project he starts. I sat behind the wheel of that car and i was hoping he might just let me start it but i was lucky enough to be standing next to the car when he did fire it up!! All i can say is wow and the sound of that car will never be matched. He told me he would be happy with $80000 with that car and I know alot about mustangs and told him i cound bet u any amount of money he would get at least $150000 for that car and we both were very wrong. He explain everything on that car I got under the car looked in the engine and everything and everything was brand new EVERYTHING! Not to metion the goose bumps of the brand new never touched 427 I died right there.

Users who are viewing this thread