Shelby Charger

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
Funny how after 11 years, I'm back into Shelby's...

A piece of corny history from my life, when we moved to the US in 1995 my uncle sold us a 1983 1/2 Shelby Charger in Santa Fe Blue with Silver stripe work. (the only other color combo offered was Silver with Blue stripes)

blu&slvr.jpg

http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/shelby/blu&slvr.jpg

The car itself was the biggest POS ever, not necessarily anyone's fault like Shelby (well no... it was Dodge's fault, thats why we've never owned another Dodge since than, only Fords) But thinking that only 8,000 total were made, only 5,000 +/- in blue, made it pretty unique.

Kinda interesting how things come around.

--Russ :burnout:

drmustang

Banned
I saw one of those advertised in our local paper about 2 mos. ago. It was described as in excellent condition with an $800.00 asking price.

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
my father saw the pic on the screen as I was typing this and started bitching...

apparently he remembered how rough of a ride that car was, so I told him "hey its a sports car" but he laughed

when we first got it there was a problem with the shifter, the dealer couldn't match the part which had to be special ordered. once it was installed than the alternator braket broke... somewhat easy fix, but the next thing to go was a shreaded belt which left my folks stranded somewhere in the middle of the night... after that they sold the car for about $100 bux to some dealer.

--Russ

Voice of Reason

Established Member
A friend in high school (12 years ago) had one of those, blue with silver stripes. He had only owned it for about 3 weeks when he drove in for football practice one day and parked it after running it really hard. About 10 minutes into practice someone comes running up to him and tells him his car was on fire. They suspect that the turbo was so hot from him dogging it that it ignited something under the hood. The car was a total loss and his insurance didn't cover any of it.

CWCobra

Established Member
Shelby whores out his name. He ought to be ashamed. Look at any car mag. You can find a "Shelby" version of just about everything. Floor mats. Car wax. Hell, there's probably even some Carroll Shelby toilet paper.

Gotta give the old geezer credit, though. He's sure got a good agent.

CW

Users who are viewing this thread