Shelby/C&R radiator install help needed.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
I am trying to install a new Shelby/C&R radiator and noticed that the new radiator has an extra barb on the top of the lower coolant hose side. Where is this supposed to plug? My stock set up does not have a provision for this.

20140726_132002_zps1479db82.jpg

Van@RevanRacing

I'd check the part number on the box. That looks like a Mustang GT Radiator for the 4.6.

Visually it looks like that radiator because of the mounting side post being offset over the side tank.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
I'd check the part number on the box. That looks like a Mustang GT Radiator for the 4.6.

Visually it looks like that radiator because of the mounting side post being offset over the side tank.

I bought it from the shelbystore's ebay auction and the listed it as a gt500 radiator. I am doubting that is the case because the fan doesn't line up either. The only numbers I see are 82190-01 12-13-10 etched on the side.

Van@RevanRacing

I bought it from the shelbystore's ebay auction and the listed it as a gt500 radiator. I am doubting that is the case because the fan doesn't line up either. The only numbers I see are 82190-01 12-13-10 etched on the side.

Looks like you were sold an older radiator for a GT Mustang that was made December 13, 2010.

2nd2none

Established Member

Van@RevanRacing

Looks like someone at Shelby F'd up. Probably found it sitting around and just assumed it was for a GT500. Maybe its a GT350 radiator? Either way I think I found the auction you one and its listed as a GT500 piece so make sure they at least cover your shipping costs to send it back after they send you a new one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2012-S...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27e790ff95&vxp=mtr

It's not a GT350 Radiator. Visually I can tell you its an old 4.6 Radiator design that was abandoned a long time ago.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
That's messed up, let us know what happens when you contact Shelby. I've been looking at all their auctions and I'm surprised to see some if the parts selling for the same price as their website. I almost bought a set of speakers but realized they're the same price as their website. They should give you some sort of discount for your troubles, tell them you already scheduled the install and had to cancel.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
That's messed up, let us know what happens when you contact Shelby. I've been looking at all their auctions and I'm surprised to see some if the parts selling for the same price as their website. I almost bought a set of speakers but realized they're the same price as their website. They should give you some sort of discount for your troubles, tell them you already scheduled the install and had to cancel.

I literally took my old radiator out only to find out the new radiator won't work. I spent an entire afternon taking my stock radiator out and putting it back in. I am set on just getting a refund because I don't want to do this whole process over again. I called Shelby on Saturday and they only had a sales person answering the phone and he could not offer any help. I will see what they are willing to do tomorrow but I have little faith in their company at this point.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Did you talk to Shelby today? Just wondering what there customer service is like now days.

Talked to the "ebay guy" and he pushed the blame on the mechanic that told him it was for a GT500 (scary). He sent me a picture of a shipping label and told me that my refund will be processed after they receive the radiator back. I emailed him back asking for a scanned label because what he sent me is a dark giant picture of a label and all I need is for the package to get lost. Shelby America has been on a downward spiral the last few months, they let go of some key people that were customer serviced oriented and are pretty much just a third party reseller with "Shelby" stamped on everything (whoring out the name).

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
Yeah since they let go of Jer the service and the site have gone to crap. Hope you get the money back with no problems.

TheGovernment

Established Member
I bought a plaque for my 08 and have been waiting for a few months already.... I emailed 5 different times and haven't gotten a response yet... Well, thats the last time I order anything from them.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I mean shipping the wrong radiator, inexcusable! Thats such a huge inconvenience for the OP. That would have pissed me off so much to go through all that work, only to find out Shelby North America, sent you the wrong part. It's not like it was some nameless schmuck off eBay who messed up.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I've had some small issues, mostly very long wait times for parts ordered and some miscommunication in their part screwing up a custom order of mine. If you ask they will give you a 10% discount code for your troubles, they did for me and my mess ups weren't nearly as bad as yours.

Users who are viewing this thread